The Alberta South District office is currently seeking a Senior Associate that will provide coverage for the Northern Alberta marketplace. This position is located in Edmonton.
The Senior Associate is responsible for the effective and profitable management of a portfolio of small and medium size business customer relationships, and for achieving personal and team business volumes and related revenues to meet pre-set targets. The successful candidate will also build on their own experience and contacts in Northern Alberta by using a thorough and structured calling program to develop Prospects and Centers of Influence (e.g. Scotiabank, Accountants and Commercial Realty Broker contacts). The successful Candidate will also manage an assigned loan portfolio.
The ultimate goal is to provide tailored credit solutions for business expansion, shareholder transactions, management buyouts and wealth monetization to a wide range of industries. This is an ideal position for commercial credit professionals holding such titles as a Credit Analyst, Senior Credit Analyst, Account Manager or Senior Account Manager. Top performers from private equity, corporate finance, audit or mergers & acquisitions operations are also strong front-runners for this position.
You will be:
- Developing and maintaining a regular sales call program on customers to ensure effective management, retention, and expansion of each customer relationship. Establishing and maintaining relationships with major small and medium size industrial and commercial companies (prospects) and key business referral sources in the assigned market area.
- Maintaining a current and thorough knowledge of Roynat Capital’s specialized term lending services and subordinated debt to effectively promote tailored presentation packages to meet specific customer needs.
- Researching, verifying and analyzing credit applications and preparing comprehensive credit applications of large and complex transactions meeting Term Finance guidelines.
- Monitoring all assigned accounts to ensure conformity to terms and conditions, as stipulated in credit authorizations with timely financial statement reviews and screen interim statements for potential business opportunities.
- Applying diligence to collecting overdue accounts as reported on the monthly Late Payment Report. Promptly identifying and resolving deteriorating credit quality and participating as necessary in the resolution of problem loan situations;
- Maintaining a solid client relationship on assigned client base, keeping an awareness of the affairs of customers, ensuring administration of the accounts is timely (reviews) and a comprehensive database of activities is maintained.
As our preferred candidate you will have:
- 3-5 years of related commercial credit or analysis and business development experience in a financial services environment.
- A University degree at the undergraduate or graduate level in business or economics or work equivalency is a requirement. An MBA or professional financial designation such as a CBV, CFA, CMA, CA or CGA is strongly preferred.
- Comprehensive knowledge and understanding of credit products.
- Superior skills in financial analysis and risk assessment including proven credit judgment.
- Proven selling and negotiating skills in handling complex selling situations.
- Demonstrated ability to develop innovative and effective sales strategies to maximize the potential of an assigned territory.
- Awareness of differences in the tax, legal and accounting rules of the various jurisdictions.
- Ability to plan strategies and activities up to 12 months in advance.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, with customers, staff and in dealing with the community generally.
- General computer knowledge to effectively use various computer software application.
- Please apply online directly at: http://scotiabank.hodesiq.com/apply.aspx