The Finance Manger position reports directly to the VP Finance while working along side the Financial Controller and is accountable primarily for the treasury operations of the Frac Shack Group of companies. This includes participation in the production of periodic financial reports, maintenance of accounting records, and ensuring controls and budgets designed to mitigate risk are in place. Primarily, responsible for maintaining appropriate financing for capital and operational expenses, budgeting and banking relationships. As a member of the Management team the Finance Manager consults with other members of the Management team in executing the strategic direction of the organization as set out by the Executive team and the board of directors. This includes providing information to the board of directors and executives related to the financial position of the organization as it relates specifically to financing and treasury related matters.
SPECIFIC DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Include but are not limited to the following:
- Maintain a documented system of policies and procedures related to finance and related accounting functions
- Provision of information to external auditors for the annual audit as directed by the Controller or VP Finance
- Monitor debt levels and compliance with debt covenants
- Maintaining finance contracts for capital and operational purposes including monitoring cash flow, reserve levels and anticipated cash requirements
- Signing authority on bank accounts and administrative responsibilities related to managing access of staff members to banking and related financial information
- Sourcing, vetting and negotiating finance contracts for capital and operational purposes under the direction of the VP Finance
- Ensuring appropriate banking arrangements are maintained to support active and anticipated operational needs of the organization
- Coordinate the financial planning and budgeting activities of the organization under the direction of the VP Finance
- Monitor company financial performance both historical and against budget, providing variance analysis for periodic review by operations management and executive team members
- Recommend processes as may be necessary in ensuring the long-term success of the organization
- Providing both written and oral presentations to the Board of Directors regarding finances and financing activities as required by the Board.
- Gathering source documents to prepare financing packages
- Maintenance of records related capital assets and related financing.
- Occasional travel both inside and outside of Canada for business purposes (not to exceed 10%)
Must be a Designated Accountant
5 years’ experience in accounting
Strong analytical skills
Familiar with budgeting, banking and treasury activities
WHAT WE OFFER: