This is a long-term one-year contract position, full-time (35 hours/week), with the possibility of extension.
As the Accountant, you will be responsible for preparing month-end and year-end working papers, as well as, various accounting reports.
- Reconcile general ledger accounts, prepare month-end working papers, and prepare various journal entries for investment portfolio, revenue, and deferred revenue
- Prepare year-end working papers and provide assistance to external auditors for the College audit and the pension plan audit
- Prepare various accounting reports as required including GST returns, financial reports, statements, support of government funding, T4 and honorarium payment summaries, and ad-hoc reports
- Assist with preparation of quarterly forecast and College budget
- Provide DOC (Database of the College) financial training to staff
- Maintain DOC financial procedure manual
- Prepare analysis of financial changes required in DOC; document requirements for IT department
- Test programming changes in DOC
- Provide back-up coverage for the Senior Accounting Clerk and other accounting staff
- Maintain administrative screens for accounting software programs including electronic work flow system (CoreIntegrator), data warehouse (BI360), and OneStop Reporting
- Specialized professional skills typically obtained through a Bachelor's degree plus professional certificate in area of specialty or equivalent, or additional classes in specialized area
- Requirement for 3 to 5 years of experience working within a public accounting firm
- Chartered Professional Accountant (CPA) designation is required
- Advanced skill level in MS Excel
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Attention to detail
- Team attitude
- Experience with Microsoft Dynamics GP and BI360 is considered an asset
- Health (includes vision)
- Health & Fitness Benefit
- Employee Family Assistance Program
- Parking/Transit Benefit
- Personal Time Off
- 3 weeks' vacation
Interested? We want to hear from you! Please visit the Jobs at the College page of the CPSA website to apply today!
Please note that the successful candidate will be required to provide a Criminal Record Check satisfactory to the College.
The posting is open until a suitable candidate is found.
We thank all applicants for their interest in the College; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
By applying to this position, you are confirming you possess either a Canadian Citizenship, permanent resident status, or work permit.