The Crossing Group is currently seeking a Staff Accountant based in Nisku, AB to join our growing and fast paced team.
Reporting to the Controller, the Staff Accountant will assist in the operation of the accounting department including accounts payable, accounts receivable, collections, payroll and benefit, and general accounting functions. The successful candidate will be pursuing the CPA designation or have recently received their designation.
About The Crossing Group
Founded in 1997, The Crossing Group has grown to become one of the largest trenchless construction companies in North America with offices and equipment in Grande Prairie, Nisku, Calgary, and Taber, Alberta; Kamloops, British Columbia and Sacramento, California. We are a privately held, employee owned company that is highly experienced, technically oriented and team centered.
The Crossing Group employs the most skilled operators and knowledgeable staff within the industry. To continually deliver the world-class service we've built our reputation on, we offer highly competitive compensation and benefits packages.
Every member of our team has a vested interest in the success of each project, and we push the boundaries of trenchless construction to operate on a competitive pricing level. Skillful and determined, we maintain long-term client relationships that allow us to evolve our processes, grow our company and continually improve upon our greatest resource – our people.
Essential Job Functions:
- Day to day operations of revenue cycle including invoicing, accounts receivable and collections.
- Day to day operations of expenditure cycle including operating costs, accounts payable and capital additions.
- Day to day operations of payroll cycle
- Oversight of payroll including payroll remittances and T4 preparation for the corporate group
- Assist with the month end and annual close for the corporate group.
- Preparation of monthly GST tax return filings
- Assist in preparation of operational budgets with coordination with finance team (Controller, CFO)
- Assist in the day to day treasury operations, including monthly bank reconciliations and credit card management.
- Recognizes and recommends changes to process and procedures to enhance efficiency within the division
- Performance of analytical review of operating results as compared to budget, investigation of variances, provision of insights into discrepancies, and recommendations for operational improvements based on financial analysis.
- Other duties as required
Related Experience Requirements
- Excellent time management skills and ability to manage multiple projects and deadlines in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent team work and ability to work well with various levels of staff and management
- Strong communication skills
- Strong analytical skills and ability to explain and interpret financial results