This is an exciting opportunity for a highly motivated team player with excellent communication skills and accounting knowledge. The Financial Accountant is an integral member of CIOC’s Accounting & Finance team. This is a challenging position with a broad range of responsibilities including month end close processes, financial statement preparation, and preparation of monthly financial reports for Senior Management and the Board of Directors. Other responsibilities include researching accounting issues and their implications to the financial statements, monitoring business processes and internal controls, and assistance with continuous improvement initiatives. The successful candidate will have acute attention to detail with sound judgement in providing accurate and reliable analysis, and have solid accounting skills.
- Coordinate and participate in month end processes;
- Prepare monthly accrual entries and account reconciliations;
- Assist in preparation of monthly Board and Management reports, including budget and forecast variance analysis;
- Assist in preparation of quarterly and annual financial statements and MD&A;
- Manage and oversee the compilation of working papers to support the financial statement audits/ reviews, and liaison with external auditors;
- Research accounting issues and monitor changes in IFRS;
- Monitor business processes and internal controls, ensuring IFRS and C-SOX compliance;
- Assist in Treasury and business forecasting;
- Provide back-up support for responsibilities of the Manager Financial Reporting; and
- Assist with special and ad hoc projects.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor of Commerce Degree, Accounting and Chartered Professional Accounting Designation;
- 3 to 5 years of professional accounting experience, preferably in Oil & Gas, with experience in IFRS;
- Highly proficient working knowledge of MS Excel, Word and PowerPoint;
- Experience with JV Nexus would be beneficial.
- Proven ability to manage numerous deadlines and responsibilities;
- Ability to adapt to change and adjust quickly to changing priorities;
- Strong verbal and written communication skills;
- Thrives in a collaborative team environment;
- Self-driven with attention to detail and positive attitude.
If your skills and experience match this position, please forward your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Only those individuals selected for an interview will be contacted.