True Balance- Sherwood Park, AB
We currently have an opportunity for a Full-Time Accounting Manager to join our True Balance team. Reporting to the Regional Operations Manager, the Accounting Manager is involved in a full range of duties relating to financial reporting and budgeting for multiple locations across the company.
Knowledge & Skills Required
Include but are not limited to:
- Working towards CPA designation with a strong interest in management accounting is highly desirable.
- Demonstrated technical accounting knowledge, experience and principles.
- Financial management competency including; finance, accounting, budgeting and cost control.
- Strong hands on knowledge and experience in Sage financial and accounting software.
- Familiarity with the appropriate laws governing the conduct of business such as; PIPEDA, the Health Information Act of Alberta, the Protection of Privacy Act, Canadian Anti-Spam Legislation, OH&S and other relevant laws.
- Familiarity with the employment standards of the Province of Alberta.
- Strong supervisory and leadership skills to lead, manage, motivate and develop accounting department employees.
- Provides and models superior internal customer service by supporting the Leadership Team and department employees accounting and financial reporting needs.
Principle Duties & Responsibilities
Include but are not limited to:
- Development, analysis and interpretation of accounting information to appraise and report operating results including profitability and performance against budget and other matters related to the fiscal/financial stability and operating effectiveness of the company.
- Oversees all accounting department activities, processes and procedures including; accounts receivable, accounts payable, bank reconciliation, bank deposits, cash application/management, credit card and bank reconciliations, expense claims, customer credits, payroll and cost accounting.
- Coordinates and directs the preparation of the company annual operating and capital budget, financial forecast, inventory dollar levels, budgeting process; collaborates with Leadership Team and department management to achieve required buy in.
- Provides technical expertise, advice and financial literacy training/coaching to Leadership Team related to revenue, expenses, operating budgets, financial reports and general management of financial responsibilities.
- Prepares monthly financial reporting reports including income statement, balance sheet and any reporting required for the Leadership Team, government and financial institutions; checks information for accuracy and makes adjustments as required.
- Prepares and presents quarterly financial reporting information (including financial KPI’s) to company Advisory Board.
- Responsible for accounting department employees HR activities including recruitment, promotions, discipline and terminations in conjunction with Sherwood Park Location Manager and outsourced Human Resources Manager.
In addition to a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package, True Balance can offer an exciting and challenging work environment, as well as a company culture that values; honesty, integrity, respect, approachability and self improvement.
If you believe that you could thrive in our environment, and are interested in pursuing this opportunity, please email us your resume.