Athabasca University is a leading Canadian online university focused on the future of learning. AU brings learning to you, allowing you to pursue post-secondary education on your own terms. And we are literally everywhere, offering a wide variety of flexible courses and programs to students all over the world.
This is a 1 year term position. The Manager, Financial Planning and Budgets is integrally involved in strategic planning for all financial resources of the University. The manager is responsible for the coordination of the annual operating and capital budgets, which exceed $130 million, and the financial components of the business plan, as well as the development of effective budget-stewarding strategies. This position works closely with executive members, deans, department managers, and many other internal and external stakeholders. Excellent strategic planning, leadership, analytical and communication skills are needed.
- This position requires the incumbent to hold a professional accounting designation.
- A minimum of a university undergraduate degree in a relevant field is also required, and a graduate degree is preferred.
- A minimum of five years of relevant work experience, includingtwo years of in-depth budget experience is required.
- Demonstrated proficiency in contemporary budgeting, forecasting techniques and modeling is fundamental.
- Advanced proficiency in preparing financial statements, management reports and business plans.
- Comprehensive knowledge of current accounting principles and payroll practices is essential.
- An intermediate proficiency level in computer skills (spreadsheet, word processing, email and database analysis tools) is a must. Experience with an integrated budget, payroll and financial planning systems, as well as Cognos Enterprise Planning is preferred.
- A strongly analytical aptitude with proven problem-solving abilities is required.
- Excellent interpersonal abilities with good written and oral communication skills, organizational and time management skills are necessary.
The full job description can be viewed at http://careers.athabascau.ca/documents/Finance/Mgr.Financial.Planning.and.Budgets.pdf.
For further information regarding this position, please contact Estelle Lo at (780) 675-6909 or via email firstname.lastname@example.org.