Jeunesse Classique Ballet Society is looking for a volunteer to join the Board of Directors of the Society as Treasurer, effective immediately. Accounting and/or bookkeeping experience is required. SAGE (Simply Accounting) experience is an asset.
Part time commitment (5-10 hours per month) with peaks during two seasons; Christmas and spring.
The Treasurer will oversee the financial matters in line with good practice and in accordance with the governing document and legal requirements and report to the Board of Directors at regular intervals about the financial health of the organization.
The treasurer will ensure that effective financial measures; controls and procedures are put in place, and are appropriate.
Routine tasks are comprised of but not limited to:
· Keep up-to-date records as well as an audit trail for all transactions. Ensure that proper accounts and records are kept, ensuring financial resources are spent and invested in line with existing policies, good governance, legal and regulatory requirements.
· Protect the organization against fraud and theft, ensure safe custody of money, and prompt banking.
· Reconcile bank statements, create invoices and write cheques supported by an approved invoice or a receipt.
· File Registered Charity Information.
· File Regular Casino Financial Report for AGLC.
· File annual GST Return; public service body rebate.
· Assist Fundraising Director with Grant Applications and related Reporting.
· Prepare timely and reliable financial information to ensure Board is making sound financial decisions.
· Coordinate preparation of annual Budget and provide YTD Actual vs Budget comparison reports throughout season as needed by the Board.
· Coordinate annual external financial audit and other audits that may take place with Federal or Provincial Government.
· Provide donors with charitable tax receipts for donations.
· Organize and assist Fundraising with Inventory counts.
Please express your interest by replying to: