The City of St. Albert is recruiting an individual to join our Financial Services Department for a one-year-term assignment.
As the Senior Financial Analyst, you will be responsible for:
• designing and maintaining financial internal controls
• monitoring financial activity for compliance, including reviewing and improving workflow between various systems
• reviewing consolidated account reconciliations to ensure completeness and accuracy
• assisting with coordinating and planning the interim and year end audit for both the City and Library
• preparing working papers and financial statements
• oversight of the accounts payable team, along with approval of payment processing and vendor maintenance
• assist with developing cash flow forecasting
• managing the City’s investment portfolio and monthly and quarterly reporting.
The individual we seek is able to multi-task, has strong interpersonal skills and is an analytical problem-solver. Effective communication skills are required to interpret and adapt complex financial data and communicate to a variety of users. The successful candidate will be a team player who will lead a staff of professionals with a strong orientation to service delivery. There is 1 direct report and 2.5 indirect reports.
HOURS OF WORK
We offer a compressed work schedule of 72 hours bi-weekly (Monday - Friday, 8:00 – 5:00 with a regular day off every two weeks).
Undergraduate degree or diploma in business with a major in Accounting or Finance.
A professional accounting designation is required.
Five or more years of relevant accounting experience, with a strong knowledge base in GAAP and preparation and review of year end financial statements.
Municipal accounting experience would be an asset. Three or more years of experience in a large computerized accounting system.
Extensive experience in preparation and presentation of year end financial statements and working papers, including audits.
Prior staff supervision experience.
A solid understanding of municipal or business operations with large information systems.
Must possess very strong computer skills including expertise in Excel, financial systems, A/P sub-ledger systems, Caseware and Caseview.
$83,041 - $101,033 per annum. In addition, the City of St. Albert offers a generous and comprehensive flexible benefit package.
This is a term position covering a leave. The term is from July 2017 to August 2018, subject to early return of the incumbent on leave.
The successful applicant will be required to obtain a satisfactory police information check
Qualified applicants are invited to submit their cover letter and resume via the City of St. Albert Employment website.
June 9, 2017