The Director, Advanced Planning is accountable for bringing advanced planning strategies to clients in partnership with the wholesaler. The advisor support and case consultation elements will bring great value to our sales team through the delivery of better solutions to advisors. The role will also provide education to the sales team as subject matter expert for new and existing tax efficient products and services.
The primary purpose of this role is to bring advanced planning strategies to clients in partnership with the wholesaler. The advisor support and case consultation elements will bring great value to our sales team through the delivery of better solutions to advisors which should increase the advocacy and support (ie. sales) from advisors. The role will also provide education to the sales team as subject matter expert for new and existing tax efficient products and services.
- Develops a thorough understanding of the various distribution channels by establishing and enhancing relationships and communication lines. Promoting and delivering effective tax and estate planning (TEPG) advice to our sales team and key distribution partners
- Delivers an effective number of seminars/workshops on advanced topics and associated materials to distribution partners
- Proactively work with the Wealth wholesalers (WSDs and ISRs) to ensure meaningful case work which will result in the placement of quantifiable business with Sun Life, including case research and special illustrations
- Deliver and promote sales tools that support Sun Life Financial's products, proprietary financial planning concepts, and specialty needs analyses, including legal and compliance issues, and consumer/allied advisor reference materials
- Participate in industry profile building activities with the result that one's profile is enhanced to the benefit of the company and influencing sales results. Keep current, through research, on tax and estate planning issues
- Involvement in the creation/review of reference material, including presentations, sales strategy material, software support for a sale strategy, etc.
- Knowledge of Canadian and Global investment industry
- Strong public speaker with excellent presentation skills
- Strong influencing skills
- Excellent facilitation and training skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Strong knowledge of personal and corporate taxation
- Strong analytical skills
Education & Training:
- University degree preferably in finance or accounting
- Completion of financial/accounting designation
- Minimum 7 years of experience in the financial services industry with a focus in mutual funds and wealth management
- Completion of CFP is an asset CA, LLB or FCIA designation an asset
- Travel will be required approximately 50% of the time
The Individual Insurance and Wealth business unit represents close to 30 per cent of all Sun Life Financial global revenue and more than 50 per cent of Canadian earnings. We’re a top provider of life, health and wealth products in the Canadian marketplace.
Persons with disabilities who need accommodation in the application process, or those needing job postings in an alternative format, may e-mail a request to email@example.com
We thank all applicants for showing an interest in this position. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Please apply online at http://sunlifefinancial.taleo.net/careersection/10160/jobdetail.ftl?lang=en&job=SAL07043