Fund Development Committee Chair
Located in the community of Springbank on 20 acres of parkland, west of Calgary, the residence and studios of Harry Kiyooka and Katie Ohe are being donated and transformed into the Kiyooka Ohe Arts Centre(KOAC), a charitable society dedicated to the promotion of contemporary art.
Their vision is to establish the KOAC as a contemporary arts gallery and centre that includes a botanic sculpture garden, wetlands, woods sanctuary and Pavilion to house Harry and Katie’s extensive collection of contemporary painting and sculpture.
The society is currently seeking a Chair of the Fund Development Committee to join their not-for-profit Board of Directors. This is an exciting, though unpaid job opportunity to use your fundraising skills for a great cause in the arts.
The Chair will be responsible for development, direction and management of KOAC’s fundraising programs.
Specific Duties, Functions & Responsibilities
- Work with the founders and the board to found a new fundraising committee.
- Work with the board and committee members to develop fundraising strategies and campaigns.
- Recruiting, developing and managing fundraising volunteers.
- Oversee the development and preparation of proposals and grant applications.
- Increasing community presence and seeking growth opportunities.
- Establish fundraising targets and timeline to help committee members achieve their goals.
- Implement strategies to achieve goals.
It is envisioned this position will require a commitment of approximately 10 to 15 hours of work per month once the committee is established.
Education and/or Equivalent Experience Required
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience in a fundraising role.
- Experienced in managing team members and building professional relationships.
- Passion and love of art an asset.