Working at BrokerLink means taking a customer-focused approach to working with our clients and in providing the advice and solutions that they need. Our focus has remained the same from the beginning: to be approachable and knowledgeable, and to deliver relationship-based advice to our customers.
We have an opening for an Accountant, reporting directly to the Team lead, Reporting. Work location for this position will be Calgary, Alberta.
- Assist with the preparation of monthly, quarterly and annual consolidated financial statements, supporting schedules, and other reporting requirements.
- Support the Financial reporting team during month, quarter and year end
- Support and assists in the month end processing of closing procedure necessary for preparation of financial information
- Work on accounting for acquisitions, hands on involvement in the monthly accounting and reconciliations
- Prepare various regulatory and government reporting (RIBO, GST & HST, sales taxes, quarterly surveys etc.)
- Reconciling sub-ledger accounts
- Complete other tasks as assigned and other ad-hoc reporting and accounting projects as required
Knowledge, skill and abilities required:
- Recent completion of Professional accounting designation (CPA)
- Must have advanced excel skills
- Ability to work independently in a fast-paced environment and take initiative
- Ability to work well with and assist others
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy
- Strong problem solving, organizational, time management, prioritizing and multitasking skills
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
If this opportunity interests you, please apply through our careers site:
We thank all applicants for their interest, but only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
BrokerLink is committed to providing an accessible environment. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in the selection process