Manage the Financial Reporting & Tax group at Athabasca Oil Corporation;
Provide expert technical accounting advice to executives and AOC departments;
Accountable for the quarterly and annual reporting requirements, including financial statements, MD&A and ESTMA, as well as assisting with other corporate documents such as the AIF and Information Circular;
Participate in the quarterly audit committee meetings;
Assess and implement new IFRS pronouncements, as well as amendments to existing IFRS;
Oversee AOC’s tax compliance requirements, including corporate and partnership returns, carbon tax and GST, and assist with tax planning initiatives;
Lead the annual CSOX compliance cycle, including maintaining process narratives, coordinating external testing and addressing any identified recommendations;
Provide leadership and mentorship to a team of two accounting professionals
Special projects as requested.
- 15+ years of related experience in the oil and gas sector;
- Chartered Professional Accountant designation, in addition to articling experience with a Big 4, Canadian accounting firm;
- Superior technical accounting and tax research and analytical capabilities, combined with the ability to provide sound professional judgment;
- Ability to manage multiple demands and able to consistently meet deadlines;
- Strong leadership, communication (written and verbal), organizational and interpersonal skills;
- Ability to foster a cooperative work environment with a mindset for continuous improvement
- Experience with Qbyte and Dynamics AX accounting software would be an asset;
Must be legally entitled to work in Canada.
We offer an exciting and entrepreneurial work environment and an array of projects in our portfolio.
Athabasca Oil Corporation is an equal opportunity employer.