Our firm is looking for a driven and focused individual to join our team!
We are looking for an intermediate/advanced level individual with recent experience at a public practice firm and a background in: accounting, financial statement preparation and tax preparation. This role will transition into a supervisory position with demonstrated skill.
Key Characteristics for success in this role are:
- Customer service driven approach
- Leadership by example
- Forward thinking
- Effective communication skills
- Long term public practice career focus
Key Responsibilities of this role are:
- Direct assistance to partners
- Preparation of audit and review engagements, including management of time budgets and deadlines
- Review and preparation of compilation engagements from start to finish
- Review and preparation of corporate and personal tax returns, trust returns, and T4/T5 slips
- Various projects including tax planning, cash flow projections and others
- Template and process development
- Mentor and supervise team members
- Expand depth of knowledge related to the business of running a public practice firm
Qualifications and Competencies:
- CPA Designation
- 3 years of recent public practice firm experience
- Proficiency in CaseWare, JazzIt, TaxPrep, Sage Accounting and QuickBooks
- Strong analytical, technical and time-management skills
Our clients are amazing! Every day offers an opportunity for challenge and growth.
When you join VR, you are joining a firm that wants you to do much more than number-crunching. We want you to participate, to find creative solutions for our clients, to contribute to each of our client’s successes.
We strive to keep our team engaged, motivated and productive by providing a workplace that encourages, values and recognizes contributions. We offer a competitive salary and then we like to enjoy a little work-life balance.
More information about our firm can be located at www.vertrempel.com.