What is the position?
The Senior Accountant position will play a key role in the management of back office at Grafton. The position will support the Vice President, Finance & CCO in various initiatives inclusive of financial reporting, treasury, legal, investor relations, compliance matters and other ad-hoc projects. This role requires someone who is driven to succeed, has a passion for processes and learning new things and possesses a great attitude.
What will you do?
- Assist in the review of monthly, quarterly Board materials
- Support the VP Finance & CCO in various initiatives including tax structuring and legal documentation for new entities, build-out, and creation of processes to handle new products
- Lead the Corporate Accountant and Bookkeeper in closing out month and quarter ends
- Work closely with Middle Office, brokers and fund administrators to solve listed positions
- Assist and oversee financial reporting and operational accounting
- Liaise with Auditors during year-end audit process for the Manager and Funds
- Oversee system maintenance and controls over the financial accounting systems
- May include daily treasury roles over cash, debt and covenant reporting
- Assist with ad-hoc projects including creation of processes for administration of new products
- Required CPA-CA designation
- Preferably 2 - 3 year’s previous experience at an audit firm
- Ability to complete tasks with minimal direction
- Highly motivated individual who is a self-starter
- Exceptional attention to detail, prioritization skills, and time management
- Ability to work in a team and independently
- Resourceful and flexible
- Proven organizational and time management skills
Please submit a cover letter and resume to Kendal@graftonfunds.com (Kendal Timberlake, HR Advisor). We will be reviewing candidates and interviewing as soon as possible.