We are seeking a highly motivated Controller to join our growing team. This position is responsible for the overall functions of the Finance department. This role supports the Company’s growth by demonstrating best practices in the areas of financial reporting, controls and processes. You will help the Senior Management in the strategic development of the Company through industry leading financial practices.
The position is located in Edmonton, AB, based on a 40 hour work week (7:30 am to 4:30 pm, Monday to Friday).
Experience & Qualifications
As part of the Senior Management team, the Controller will hold an accounting designation (CPA, CMA or CGA) and have at least 5 years of demonstrated experience in finance and economics, finance process mapping, financial management reporting, business analytics and intelligence, controls and documentation along with being able to offer strategic insight to internal and external clients. Experience in the construction industry is considered an asset.
You must secure a valid criminal background check as part of the hiring process.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Develop and execute an industry leading Corporate Finance strategy.
- Complete operational reporting and analysis; work closely with Senior Management and external auditors to ensure compliance.
- Budget preparation, including development of revenue and expense budgets, and capital expenditures, ensuring alignment to the Company’s strategic vision.
- Provide vision, oversight and support in the delivery of the financial plan.
- Support the Company ownership in building and maintaining relationships with financial institutions, including preparing and presenting various current and projected financial results.
- Analyze and review internal processes and provide recommendations for improvement
- Continually evaluate current processes for the opportunity to improve and re-implement revised processes for financial and operational efficiency.
- Complete basic accounting functions such as:
- Balance sheet account reconciliations
- A/P, A/R, G/L, bank reconciliations and payroll
- Monitoring cash flow requirements
- Preparing GST remittance returns
- Preparing detailed reconciliations and assisting external accountant with year-end reports
- Overseeing regulatory compliance issues
- Perform month end closing duties/process,
- Exceptional communication, facilitation and presentation skills with a high level of comfort in completing business with government agencies, internal and external clients.
- Develop, lead, engage and assist a strong team of professionals.
Please include cover letter outing your remuneration expectations along with your resume. We thank you in advance for your interest, however, only those selected will be contacted.