As the Treasury Operations & Risk Lead, you will be the primary operational point of contact between The City of Calgary and The City’s bank, custodian, short-term borrowing syndicate, and merchant services provider. You will also be responsible for implementing the City’s derivatives strategy, coordinating cash/liquidity management, oversight of the investment compliance program and evaluation of a new Treasury Management System (TMS). Primary duties include:
- Manage all aspects of day-to-day cash management and short, mid and long term cash forecasting through proactive partnership with business units.
- Assess currency and interest rate markets and provide primary input into The City’s foreign exchange strategy.
- Develop and implement policies for foreign exchange hedging, compliance and all other aspects of financial risk management.
- Lead the relationship with the City’s Bank, RBC which includes oversight of daily banking activities, controlling system users and user permissions, lead contract negotiations, coordinate statistics, research and banking Request for Proposals.
- Create compliance policies and routines as well as oversee compliance reporting for both internally and externally managed investment and derivative portfolios.
A degree in Business, Commerce, Finance, Accounting or related discipline plus a related designation such as Charted Financial Accountant (CFA), Chartered Professional Accountant (CPA) and a minimum of 5 years experience in treasury operations management or related experience ; OR a degree in Business, Commerce, Finance, Accounting or related discipline plus a related risk or treasure designation such as Professional Rick Manager (PRM), Financial Risk Manager (FRM), Certified Treasury Professional (CTP) and a minimum of 8 years experience in treasury, operations management or related experience. Knowledge of the Canadian banking and payments system, interest rate and Foreign Exchange (FX) derivative markets, pricing and risk assessment of these instruments and how they are executed, accounting principles and budgeting as they relate to annual investment income. Sophisticated knowledge and experience in investments. An understanding of credit card services and Payment Card Industry (PCI) Compliance. Excellent communication skills and the ability to communicate about complex financial matters to non-subject matters on experts, senior management and stakeholders. Ability to creatively solve problems and strong interpersonal and supervisory skills.
- A security clearance will be conducted.
Successful applicants must provide proof of qualifications