Associate, Institutional Equity Research- Paper & Forest Products
Vancouver, British Columbia
The Equities team at CIBC Capital Markets understands what institutional investors value most: original ideas, top service and performance. Whether it's Bay Street or Wall Street, CIBC World Markets Inc. is there with the depth and breadth of product to advise on and execute the decisions of the investment community - anywhere in North America.
What You’ll Be Doing
As a Research Associate the incumbent will work closely with the Research Analyst covering the Paper and Forest Products sector which involves industry and company analysis. The Associate will learn and develop a depth of knowledge for financial analysis and about the capital markets. In the role, you will gain valuable experience in writing reports and producing presentations, developing and maintaining financial models in order to forecast company cash flow and earnings, and analyzing industry trends. The position also provides the opportunity to liaise with our Sales and Trading colleagues and clients as required.
What We’re Looking For
We are seeking highly motivated, results-driven, and accomplished candidates who should demonstrate the following:
- Please include a writing sample (reporting on any stock) along with your cover letter and resume
- Education: Preference is given to candidates who possess an MBA or CA. Candidates who possess a CFA designation would be an asset.
- Experience in any of the following industries is highly preferred: Experience in investment banking and/or the Paper & Forest Products would be an asset (but not required)
- Experience conducting financial analysis of companie and general knowledge of the capital market industry, and economics
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong background in accounting and finance is a preference
- Excellent knowledge of PC applications (i.e. Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Access)
- Working knowledge of financial software (i.e. Bloomberg, FactSet) is an asset
- Ability to explain detailed financial and statistical analysis
- Excellent analytical and quantitative skills
- Strong interpersonal skills to deal effectively with internal and external clients
- Strong multi-tasking and time management skills
- Ability to work independently in a deadline oriented environmen
- Demonstrated interest in the capital markets industry through school courses, clubs and/or related work experience
What CIBC Can Offer You
- Flexible health benefits, stock purchase plan, competitive incentive pay and recognition programs
- Competitive salary and banking benefits
- Career growth, development and continuous learning opportunities
- Opportunity to be involved in CIBC events that help our communities
- Click to learn more about Rewards & Recognition, Learning & Development, and Employee Community Involvement
What You Need To Know
- Must be legally eligible to work in Canada at the location(s) specified above and, where applicable, must have a valid work permit or study permit that allows the candidate to fulfill the requirements of the role
- Often required to work beyond normal business hours.
- Required to make frequent decisions in a fast paced work environment
Please apply via the CIBC career portal by visiting this link and creating a profile.