As a Commodity Tax Advisor, you will provide tax advice and technical interpretations for indirect tax matters relating to GST/HST, federal excise tax, provincial fuel and sales taxes and provincial and federal carbon levies. The role will involve monitoring all legislative and other changes related to indirect taxes and ensuring timely and proactive advice.
- Bachelor’s degree
- Accounting designation, or is working towards, a CPA designation
- Completion of the CPA In-depth HST/GST course
- Minimum 4 years of indirect tax experience, preferably in advisory capacity
- Excellent interpersonal skills and critical thinking skills
- Proven research and problem solving skills
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Superior verbal and written communication skills
- Willingness to take on additional responsibility and is versatile
- Team players skills and ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously
Start date: Negotiable, fall 2017
Location: Calgary, AB
- A company committed to career growth - we recruit those who are interested in a career with Imperial and prefer to develop and promote people from within. Our career management process means that you will likely perform a number of unique, challenging roles during your career.
- Successful networking and mentoring programs - enable you to spend time with managers from across the organization to learn about other departments and opportunities. Also allows you to connect with peers at a similar experience level.
- Commitment to safety, ethics & continuous improvement – these standards are the reason Imperial is an industry leader. You will work for a company that upholds safety and ethics ideals and continues to seek out ways to improve.
- Exceptional benefits program - includes competitive savings, retirement, and healthcare plans that you can customize to meet your individual needs. Educational and physical fitness financial assistance programs round out our benefits package.
- Continuous learning environment - encourages you to augment your skills and capabilities.
- If you are talented, driven, and want to make meaningful contributions, then you owe it to yourself to apply with Imperial.
- Competitive vacation package - provides you with three weeks of vacation (the first year is pro-rated based on your hiring date) and one scheduled Friday off per month.
Who we are
A leading member of Canada’s energy industry, Imperial offers exciting opportunities across our upstream, downstream and chemical, and corporate divisions. We are committed to high standards, applying technology and innovation to meet energy demands in a safe, reliable and environmentally sound manner. No matter what your career path, we provide the platform to elevate your goals and achieve your ambitions, while providing support through wide-ranging programs and benefits.
- For applicants selected to be interviewed, pre-employment background screening will be required.
- We thank all those who apply; however, only those candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
Eligibility to work in Canada
Applicants must be permanently eligible to work in Canada. Proof of eligibility must be in the form of a copy of your Canadian birth certificate, Canadian passport, Canadian citizenship certificate or Canadian certificate of permanent residence. Document must be current and valid (not expired, cancelled or voided). Proof of eligibility is required if an offer is made.
Application deadline: This opportunity will not be posted for an extended period. Interested and qualified candidates should apply now.
Discover what’s possible for your career and apply today at imperialoil.ca.