The Corporate Reporting Specialist prepares high quality financial reporting documents for disclosure in compliance with requirements on a timely basis. This position is primarily accountable for financial statement preparation of subsidiary CP companies.
- Prepare US GAAP-compliant financial statements needed by CP’s tax group on a recurring basis, including coordination with the multiple internal stakeholders that provide information into the reporting process;
- Identify and analyze possible improvements to the reporting process, with a particular focus to maintenance of reporting ledger and consolidation tool used in financial statement preparation, and implement selected solutions;
- Account for taxes for certain CP entities, analyze related accounts, coordinate intercompany transfer pricing adjustments, and prepare summary financial information used by the tax group for provision calculation;
- Assess reporting implications of significant financial transactions and draft related disclosures;
- Extract and summarize financial data from systems into the required disclosures;
- Identify, analyze and reconcile inconsistent information in order to recommend adjustments where necessary;
- Ensure financial reporting is in compliance with U.S. Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (US GAAP), Tax or securities regulation, as applicable;
- Ensure accounting and reporting process complies with applicable internal control (SOX) requirements;
- Address and respond to queries from auditors and internal reviewers.