Lead preparation and analysis of financial information regarding CP's Properties for quarterly and annual consolidated Financial Statements, Annual Report, Surface Transportation Board (“STB”) Regulatory reporting, Canadian Transportation Agency (“CTA”) Regulatory reporting and Canadian Revenue Agency (“CRA”) Tax reporting.
- Accountable for the development, preparation and implementation of annual Group Depreciation studies for both Canadian and US operations;
- Reconcile and analyze General Ledger, Asset sub-ledger and Regulatory sub-ledger relating to Properties;
- Complete Regulatory reporting (CTA/STB) - reconciliation and analysis, and quarterly and annual reporting to meet Regulatory requirements relating to Properties;
- Complete Tax reporting - reconciliation and analysis, and quarterly and annual reporting to meet Tax requirements relating to Properties;
- Interact with business regarding financial reporting, statistical results and analysis relating to Properties;
- Implement process controls, master data management and assist in continuous process improvement to enhance utilization of Asset Management systems and processes;
- Lead and/or participate in Property Accounting projects as required; and
- Assist external and internal auditors in performing year-end audits and quarterly reviews of financial statements; including preparation of working papers and all other appropriate documentation relating to Properties.