1 Full-Time Position
This position requires advanced knowledge of complex accounting principles and performs a variety of complex accounting functions including but not limited to maintaining the general ledger, preparing and/or reviewing financial statements and cash flow forecasts, the preparation of the annual budget and periodic forecasting, taxation returns and other regulatory reporting. This position works independently and must adhere to generally accepted accounting principles and reporting requirements. This position is responsible for the overall management and leadership of a team ensuring the department targets and objectives are met.
- Lead all aspects of people management and development including but not limited to; recruitment, delegation and monitoring of work, performance management, coaching, mentoring and creation of training and development plans. Where appropriate, communicate and escalate employee relations issues.
- Develop department objectives ensuring alignment with the corporate strategic initiatives.
- Lead the operating and capital budget process, analyze operating statements and other financial reports and recommend, manage and implement process improvements.
- Oversee and review year-end financial statements and annual MD&A, as well as monthly and quarterly internal financial reporting package and adhoc requests.
- Analyze, interpret and communicate revenue and expense variances to management.
- Oversee the interim and year-end financial statement audit.
- Review tax working paper preparation and sales tax reporting.
- Oversee the development of annual budgets and periodic forecasts.
- Lead the development of financial modeling.
- Assist with or lead special projects including IFRS 9, business cases or profitability reviews.
- Provide technical advice and recommendations on a variety of accounting, tax and IT issues.
- Oversee process to ensure accounting system and related software and hardware are functioning effectively.
- Identify and implement process improvements, as required.
- Overall management of operational and department functions ensuring compliance with procedures and regulations. Responsible for the mitigation of risk for the department and escalate emerging risks as identified.
- Related University degree and typically 8 or more years of related experience; or combination of formal education and experience.
- 3+ years of experience in a people leadership role.
- In-depth knowledge of IFRS, in particular IFRS 9 financial instruments, corporate and indirect tax.
- Professional designation required (CPA).
- Experience with change management and project management.
- Team-oriented, having experience collaborating with multiple levels and sectors of the organization.
- Ability to prioritize effort and manage multiple projects and initiatives concurrently.
- Previous financial services experience an asset.
- Must be bondable.
WHY WORK AT ALBERTA CENTRAL?
- Competitive compensation.
- Friendly team atmosphere.
- Parking subsidy, free banking services, free access to an in-house fitness facility.
- Excellent access to transit services (bus and Heritage C-Train station).
- Casual dress environment.
To express your interest in this position, submit your current resume along with a cover letter quoting Competition #17-011 by August 1, 2017 to: https://home.eease.com/recruit/?id=15620081