Roles and Responsibilities
Equicapita is searching for a general accountant in a part time or contract capacity. Reporting to the Controller, you will take ownership of the expenditure and bookkeeping processes. The ideal candidate will have a solid foundation of experience in bookkeeping, payables, and cost allocation. As a candidate, you should be motivated, able to work independently, take ownership and prioritize deliverables. The candidate should be able to work in an environment of continuous improvement. The ability to proactively identify and propose further recommendations for improvement is considered an asset.
Duties may include, but are not limited to:
- Accounts payable: coordination, approvals, coding, posting and payment processing
- Credit card management: processing through coding and payment
- Cost allocations of overhead and invoicing related parties
- Account reconciliations
- Processing and reconciling intercompany transactions
- Bank reconciliations
- Updating continuous cash flow projections
- Month end journal entries: prepaid expenses, property and equipment, accretion and interest charges
- Assistance in maintenance of loan schedules
- 3+ years experience
- Strong communication skills
- Excellent computer skills, including Microsoft office and software such as Sage or Quickbooks
- Positive attitude and work ethic
- Ability to work independently
- Prefers to work in small, entrepreneurial environments
Term and Compensation
Open ended contract
Negotiable hourly rate
Applications for this position can be submitted by email to firstname.lastname@example.org, including the job title of “General Accountant” in the subject line. Candidates will be selected for interviews as applications are received.
We thank all applicants for their interest in our fast-paced and growing company, however only those in consideration for the role will be contacted.