- Maintain cash flow forecasts, tax estimates and portfolio attribution estimates;
- Development and maintenance of portfolio management analytics;
- Develop valuation methodologies and maintain detailed valuation models;
- Assist in the development of fund presentations and marketing materials and assist with the completion of transactions including structure and accounting memos and valuations;
- Maintain industry and investment benchmarking databases; and
- Liaise with investors and external auditors on valuation and capital account information.
The following qualifications are considered critical:
- Fluent spoken and written English with excellent communication and presentation skills;
- Demonstrated strong financial statement analysis and forecast modelling skills;
- Proficiency in the use of Excel™, PowerPoint™, and Word™;
- Ability to work independently with limited guidance and manage multiple time sensitive tasks simultaneously;
- Above average work ethic, integrity, and motivation;
- Proven problem-solving ability;
- Ability to work in an open office and team environment;
- Excellent interpersonal skills and a desire to be a team player;
- University degree in finance/accounting/economics/engineering or other quantitative field; and
- A strong interest in and demonstrated understanding of financial markets.
The following will be considered an asset:
- Completion of an accounting designation and the enrollment in the Charted Financial Analyst program;
- University degree in a business or other technical field related to energy; and
- Working knowledge of capital markets and software such as Geoscout™ and Bloomberg™.
This is a great opportunity for an energetic self-starter looking to build a career in a growing investment firm. The successful candidate will work in a challenging and fast paced environment which requires dedication, passion for industry, and above average work ethic.