Assante Private Client, a subsidiary of CI Private Counsel LP and a CI Financial Company, provides portfolio management and wealth management advisory services exclusively through a national network of financial advisors. Focusing on high net worth individuals and families, the professionals at Assante Private Client offer financial planning, risk management, and estate and tax planning services to our clients, helping them simplify and enhance their lives.
POSITION: Investment Counsellor
LOCATION: Halifax (Bedford) (B4A 1G1) - flexible location within Atlantic Provinces
STATUS: Full time
We are currently seeking an Investment Counsellor to join our Assante Private Client team. The Investment Counsellor works with our Private Client solution, focusing on clients with assets in excess of $1 million. They meet with existing clients and the advisors who have referred the clients to our program. The Investment Counsellor uses our standard Investment Policy Questionnaire to determine the appropriate asset allocation for the client, and reviews the economy, market conditions, and portfolio performance with the clients on a regular basis. The role is part of a broader team of Wealth Planning professionals delivering a holistic investment and wealth planning experience to clients. While the Investment Counsellor will assist the referring advisor with prospecting, this is primarily a servicing role. Compensation is comprised of a base salary and bonus.
WHAT YOU WILL DO
- Meet with approximately 100-150 clients on a regular basis (ranging from quarterly to annually) to review the economy, market conditions, and portfolio performance. Determine the appropriate asset allocation for each client
- Build and strengthen relationships with advisors to ensure their satisfaction with the investment solution in our Private Client program
- Work collaboratively with peers who manage the Wealth Planning aspects of the client relationship - client financial analysis, risk management, income management, tax, and wealth transfer.
- Same day travel within Atlantic Canada with the occasional overnight
WHAT YOU WILL BRING
- University degree in business or related discipline
- It is mandatory to be able to be registered upon hire with the NSSC & NBSC as a portfolio manager/advising rep with discretionary authority
- CIM designation is required
- Minimum of 7 years of industry experience, including experience in a client facing role
- CFA Charter or progress towards the CFA Charter preferred
- CFP designation is an asset
- Bilingualism in English and French is preferred
- Ability to interact effectively with various types of people (advisors, assistants, clients)
- Ability to understand and interpret investment solutions, the markets, the economy and communicate to various audiences
- Must be able to travel within Atlantic Canada, mainly same day travel - there is the possibility of up to 50% travel
WHAT YOU CAN EXPECT FROM US
- Collaborative and friendly team environment
- Opportunities to develop and grow within the company
- Health and Wellness programs including corporate fitness membership
If you are a passionate, committed and dynamic individual, please submit your resume in confidence by clicking "Apply".
Only qualified candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
CI Financial Corp. and all of our affiliates ("CI") are committed to fair and accessible employment practices and we are committed to providing accommodations for persons with disabilities. If you require accommodations in order to apply for any job opportunities, or require this posting in an additional format, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org, or call 416-681-4747. If you are contacted by CI regarding a job opportunity or testing and require accommodation in any stage of the recruitment process, please use the above contact information. We will work with all applicants to determine appropriate accommodation for individual accessibility needs.