At DD West LLP, we apply our collective knowledge and comprehensive experience to provide legal advisory services and advice to the institutions, businesses, organizations and individuals we serve. Respect and concern for the well-being of our clients, while maintaining the flexibility required to ensure the provision of direct and cost-effective representation and counsel, remain the cornerstones of our practice.
No matter how diverse or complex the issue, our team of capable and committed legal advisors provide timely practical solutions to protect the best interests of our clients.
We are pleased to announce we have a newly created positon of Junior Accountant that we are seeking to join our practice in Calgary. We are looking for an energetic, conscientious professional, who can multi- task to meet tight deadlines, has a desire to problem solve and find proactive solutions. This role requires someone with a can do attitude that is experienced in the accounting field with a strong interest to grow with our team.
Key Accountabilities and Responsibilities:
- Receive cheque requests, seek pre authorization, print cheques, prepare for signatures
- Review bank accounts for direct deposits assist with reconciling accounts
- Post to applicable trust or general accounts, post disbursements, payments of accounts, maintain trust accounts
- Complete trust transfers
- Set up and maintain client investment accounts
- Prepare Notice to Reader and Review Engagements, including completion of all working papers, adjusting journal entries, and financial statements in accordance with Firm standards;
- Proactively identify engagement issues, and recommend solutions;
- Identify process improvements, share knowledge, experience within team;
- Effective communication with our partners and team members
- Working cooperatively and effectively with other team members
Qualifications and Competencies:
- Accounting certificate, Diploma or Designation is an asset
- 2-5 years relevant Legal firm experience, or working in a professional office environment
- Completion of Grade 12
- Proficiency in MS Office including Outlook, Word, Excel
- Demonstrates a high commitment to quality of work, compliance with standard accounting policies and procedures, professional ethics and integrity
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills & client service skills
- Excellent time-management skills and the ability to manage multiple tasks
- Experience with Adobe Acrobat is an asset
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Excellent organization and file management skills along with the ability to work independently
- Ability to prioritize with high attention to detail.
"Good law firms will meet the needs of their clients; Great law firms will create opportunities for their clients.”
If you are interested in joining the team at DD West LLP please forward your resume and cover letter to: email@example.com
DD West LLP is an equal opportunity employer. We thank all candidates who apply, however, only those selected for a personal interview will be contacted. No phone calls and/or agencies please.