|This position is available in Calgary or Edmonton.
We care for people. Together
Alberta Health Services (AHS) is seeking an experienced professional in either Edmonton or Calgary who is passionate about driving success and reaching objectives by sharing their expertise in internal auditing for the role of Manager, Internal Audit.
It is an exciting time to be a part of our Internal Audit and Enterprise Risk Management team as we strive to achieve our fundamental goal to provide independent, objective assurance and consulting services to continually improve the operations of AHS.
As the Manager, Internal Audit, you will report to the Director of Internal Audit and lead a diverse range of challenging operational audits, advisory and investigative projects. You will provide management advice and assistance regarding risk mitigation, internal control practices and effectiveness and efficiency of business processes.
You will have the opportunity to make a significant impact on health care within Alberta by bringing a disciplined approach to evaluating and improving AHS’ risk management, internal control and governance processes. If you enjoy collaborating with a wide variety of stakeholders to support them in accomplishing their business plan goals, we'd love to talk to you!
- Identify opportunities to enhance risk management, internal control and governance processes and develop appropriate recommendations to management for improvement;
- Provide leadership to a team of professionals as they conduct assurance, advisory and investigative projects;
- Complete risk assessments that inform our team’s audit plan and specific project objectives;
- Develop and maintain strong relationships with fellow team members and clients at all levels of the organization; and
- Communicate project results to senior management and the Audit and Finance Committee.
- Undergraduate degree in business, or a related field, and an accounting designation (CPA);
- Minimum of five years of experience in internal or external audit;
- Minimum of three years of management and supervisory experience; and
- Strong computer skills in word processing, spreadsheet and related applications, including Microsoft Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio).
- Candidates with audit experience in:
- An organization of significant size and complexity;
- A healthcare setting;
- Conducting operational audits;
- Conducting IT audits;
- Data analytics (ACL, Tableau, other); and/or
- Audit software such as Teammate.
Also, candidates with an internal audit designation such as CIA or CISA.
Other key competencies for this role include
- Strong writing skills, with an ability to articulate complex issues clearly and concisely; and
- Excellent verbal communication skills to interact effectively with a variety of stakeholders across all levels of the organization.
Please submit all applications to the Alberta Health Services Careers website here.