This position is part of the Finance team and reports to the Manager, Financial Reporting. The role centers around financial reporting, treasury, regulatory reporting and tax. Financial reporting deliverables include the preparation and consolidation of quarterly and annual financial statements and MD&A, liaison with external auditors, contributing to Board information packages, assisting in the preparation of other public documents such as the AIF, prospectus and business acquisition reports and providing information for press releases. Cash management, hedging, banking activity and applicable reporting round out the treasury related functions. The position plays a key part in ensuring accurate and timely regulatory reporting, CSOX compliance and preparation of corporate tax returns. Also required is assistance with data compilation and analysis of ad hoc reports for key members of the Management team.
- Chartered Professional Accountant (CPA) designation with a minimum of 2 years public accounting firm experience having focused on oil and gas clients is mandatory;
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office products is essential and experience with an integrated accounting software package is preferred, Qbyte experience would be an asset;
- Strong knowledge of IFRS and internal controls (CSOX) required;
- Must be a self-starter with a proven ability to achieve results in a fast-paced team environment;
- Must be an effective communicator (written and oral) and the ability to forge strong relationships with Operations and other departments; and,
- Must be able to meet tight deadlines associated with quarter and year end processes while maintaining accuracy required for management, Board and public reporting documentation.