What does a Financial Analyst look like at Western?
Western Financial Group is seeking a Financial Analyst. The successful candidate will report to the Director, Corporate Finance and should be able to provide accurate and data based information on Western’s profitability, stability, and liquidity. You will research and analyze financial information to help Western make well informed decisions, write reports and monitor financial movements. The primary responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Consolidate and analyze financial data (budgets, income statement forecasts etc.) taking into account company’s goals and financial standing
- Provide creative alternatives and recommendations to reduce costs and improve financial performance
- Track and determine financial status by analyzing actual results in comparison with forecasts
- Monitor performance indicators, highlighting trends and analyzing causes of unexpected variance
- Assist with the development of Budgeting, Financial Forecasting, Operating Plan, cashflow monitoring and Modeling tools
- Ad-Hoc Reporting and Analysis
- Quarterly and Monthly Financial reports
- Assist with the development of the financial models and analyses to support strategic initiatives
What does Western offer you?
- Extensive opportunities to train and develop both professionally and personally
- A comprehensive benefits package complete with a $500 Health Care Spending Account, 50% premium paid
- Three weeks' vacation upon the first year of hiring plus paid personal days
- Access to company-matched investment and savings programs
- A competitive total compensation package made up of salary and performance-based incentives
What we are looking for:
Being successful in this role requires an ability to effectively prioritize tasks in a high volume workplace, while remaining highly organized, to achieve the department goals. You will demonstrate the Westerns Guiding Principles that help contribute to a positive and productive working environment.
- 3-5 years of proven working experience, preferably as a financial analyst.
- Proven knowledge of financial forecasting and diagnosis, corporate finance and information analysis.
- Outstanding presentation, reporting and communication skills.
- Advanced Microsoft Excel, Word, and PowerPoint skills.
- Exposure to IBM Cognos is an asset.
- Highest standards of accuracy and precision; highly organized.
- Ability to think creatively, highly-driven and self-motivated.
- Bachelors degree in Finance, Economics or related field with a Designation or Certification is preferred.
- High River, AB
- Full Time – 37.5 hours/week
Apply ONLINE Today
Create a Profile | Apply | Set Job Alerts