As a Senior Staff Accountant within e4c, this role is ideal for someone who wants to gain diverse experience and has social responsibility spirit. The unique responsibilities and opportunities afforded to this position make it a different and exciting prospect for an ambitious professional who is ready for that next career move!
You will be challenged with increasingly important audit, accounting and analysis activities for e4c. You will be challenged with the planning and organizing engagements to meet deadlines; recognizing, analyzing and proposing sound alternatives and conclusions; understanding our diverse agency’s needs, and mentoring and developing junior staff. You will have an opportunity to work in an environment that builds on the strengths of every employee and promotes their professional and personal development.
You have an aptitude for developing and maintaining good relationships with employees at all levels. You will handle a variety of responsibilities in a professional manner, working on multiple assignments with a high degree of autonomy over you work, and produce high-quality deliverables within set timelines.
Hours: Monday to Friday: 8:30am to 5:00pm; requires a flexible schedule and occasional weekend work.
Why Join Our Team
- Build relationships and connect people to the work we do.
- Engage with individuals in meaningful opportunities, which positively impact those we serve.
- Be a part of a supportive team, dedicated to professional and personal growth.
In Your Role You Will
Financial Accounting and Analysis
- Guide cost analysis process by establishing and monitor organizational / management compliance with policies and procedures; providing trends and forecasts; explaining processes and techniques; recommending actions.
- Increase productivity by developing automated accounting applications; coordinating information requirements.
- Identify financial status by comparing and analyzing actual results with plans and forecasts.
- Capital assets reconciliation and monitor capital project activity.
- Provide strategic analysis, as required to drive improved decision making.
- Monitor capital project activity and capital asset reconciliation.
- Provide advice and guidance on accounting matters including financial systems, record keeping, analysis, and reporting.
- Perform Ad-hoc reporting and financial analysis as required to support senior management in the decision-making process including gathering and summarizing financial and non-financial data.
- Develop, modify, and maintain record keeping and reporting systems for varied and complex sources of funding.
- Analyze financial status by collecting, monitoring, and studying data, and recommending actions. You will conduct financial, statistical and analytical assessments, including revenue / cost forecasting, risk analysis and financial reports. Identify financial status by comparing and analyzing actual results with plans and forecasts.
- Assist the Finance Manager in external year-end audit analysis including financial reconciliations, analysis of the GL’s and the preparation of Financial Statements.
- During the external auditor review process, perform additional analysis, support and any required documentation.
- Develop procedures for implementation, execution, control and review / audit of programs.
- Maintain professional and technical knowledge – attend educational seminars, review professional publications; establish personal networks and participate in professional societies.
- Develop and maintain professional relationships across all level of organization’s department and programs.
- Other duties as assigned.
Education and Certifications
- Bachelor of Business Administration, Finance or Economics.
- CPA, or in progress.
- Police check with Vulnerable Sector.
- Intervention Record Check.
- 6+ years’ experience as a financial analyst or in a related-financial position.
- 2+ years’ experience in leadership.
- Hands on experience with statistical analysis and packages.
- Proven knowledge of financial forecasting and diagnosis, corporate finance and information analysis.
- Strong cost accounting background / experience along with knowledge of financial systems and general accounting concepts.
- Well informed in current financial subjects, accounting, tax laws and business environments.
- Intermediate to advanced knowledge in spreadsheets, databases, MS office and financial software applications.
- Knowledge of applicable charitable legislation: municipally, provincially and federally.
- Technical Skills – collecting, storing and processing information to be shared with other stakeholders. Tasks include financial accounting and reporting, cost accounting; treasury management and tax strategy, planning and compliance.
- Business Skills – using knowledge of the organization and the organization’s business environment to turn data into insight. Tasks include strategy, process and project management and macroeconomic analysis.
- People Skills – use to influence decisions, actions and behaviors of decision-makers and other stakeholders. Tasks include negotiating, decision-making and collaborating or partnering.
- Leadership Skills – peer, functional and strategic. Tasks include team building, managing change and driving performance.
Thank you to all those apply. Only those short-listed will be contacted for an interview.