The City of St. Albert is seeking a Divisional Controller to join the Financial Services Department. Reporting to the Manager of Financial Services, you will be responsible for two major areas: budgeting and financial accounting.
As the Divisional Controller, you will act as a resource by advising on various financial planning projects including the annual budget process, strategic and business planning, performance measurement and forecasting. This includes but not limited to, providing accurate and timely reporting of the division’s financial information including account reconciliations, journal entries, month end and year end reporting.
The Controller will coordinate, consolidate and assist with the development of the client departments operating and capital plans to ensure alignment with overall corporate goals.
You will work with your team to support the financial needs of the Division.
• An undergraduate Degree or Diploma in Business with a major in Accounting or a related discipline.
• Chartered Professional Accountant designation.
• 5 or more years experience providing financial expertise and management to a public organization, preferably a municipal setting.
• Previous experience leading, mentoring and supervising staff.
• Experience in fund accounting, GAAP and capital asset management.
• Experience budgeting, forecasting, long term planning in a multi-divisional environment and/or municipal government.
• Qualified applicants must have excellent written and interpersonal communication skills, the ability to work well with people of all levels of responsibility, strong technical and analytical skills.
• The successful applicant will need to obtain a satisfactory police information check.
Hours of Work:
We offer a compressed work schedule of 72 hours bi-weekly (Monday - Friday, 8:00 – 5:00 with a regular day off every two weeks).
$83,041 - $101,033 per annum. In addition, the City of St. Albert offers a comprehensive flexible benefit package.
Please submit a cover letter and resume via the City of St. Albert employment website www.stalbert.ca