Helping Albertans achieve their dreams by turning the complex world of banking into brilliantly simple solutions. That’s ATB. Is that you?
Communicator, Problem Solver, Negotiator, Decision Maker. Whether at work or out in your community, you are the person that knows how to bring it all together. You’re a natural leader and your passion and excitement comes from knowing that your efforts make a significant difference in the lives of your team members, customers and the community around you.
Manager of External Financial Reporting
Reporting to the Director, External Financial & Regulatory Reporting, you will lead a team responsible for the development and implementation of continuous improvement in the areas of financial and management accounting systems. You will directly manage the financial operations and financial reporting of all entities within ATB Investor Services(ATBIS) (ATB Investment Management Inc. ATB Securities Inc, and ATB Insurance Advisors Inc), as well as the consolidated reporting. You will serve as a key contact into ATB Financial Finance, ensuring accurate information flow into the enterprise’s consolidated reporting. In addition, you will also manage key accounting and reporting functions, including but not limited to, system set up and report building, accounts payable, commissions processing and reporting, and general accounting responsibilities.
As a Manager of Financial Reporting you will be responsible for the following:
- Setting a vivid and compelling vision for External Financial Reporting (EFR) staff, establishing clear and inspiring performance goals, coaching team members.
- Accuracy of monthly, quarterly and annual ATBIS subsidiaries Financial Statements and Note Disclosures compiled by EFR group.
- Monthly variance of budget to actual consolidated P&L results for management reporting.
- Providing consolidated reporting to the ATBIS Board of Directors and ATBIS Executive, as required.
- Assisting ATBF Corporate Finance with the compilation of ATBIS sections of the annual report
- Leading audit assurance process with external auditors.
- Assisting in planning annual external audits; compiles detailed audit files to facilitate independent auditor review including the spearheading of required audit confirmations.
- Monitoring developments of IFRS and oversee preparation for the upcoming changes and implementation of the new standards.
- Ensuring that key controls under the ICOFR program are appropriate and operating effectively for all of the subsidiaries.
- Oversight advisor commission processing and reporting and responsible for ensuring accuracy and submissions to ATBF for payroll processing.
- Oversight Accounts Payable processing and ensures resulting EFR is accurate.
- Annual updates to ATBIS Compensation and Accounts Payable Manuals and require sign off, as well as timely updates to EFR checklists and journal process documentation.
- Training Finance Staff to ensure they are maximizing accounting system functionality.
As the ideal candidate you possess:
- Canadian professional accounting designation (CPA, CA, CMA, or CGA).
- Previous experience as a leader in an evolving, complex environment and a demonstrated ability to use a range of effective leadership styles as situations demand.
- Preferably with 5-8 years of post qualification experience, including public practice audit experience.
- Experience with Board / Committee reporting and ability to compile written governance reports as required.
- Minimum 5 years in a complex accounting and control environment .
- Strong technical knowledge of IFRS.
- Commitment to ongoing learning and professional development.
- A solid, practical understanding of all aspects of the Canadian Investment Industry regulatory environment and financial industry.
- Leadership and coaching skills to effectively manage a diverse team of financial analysts.
So what can ATB Financial offer you? Imagine paying less for your everyday banking, mortgages, loans and investments. Throw in an excellent benefits and pension package, opportunities for career advancement, and a financial institution that’s leading the way in change – now you’re talking about a career with a company that allows you to grow. As an award-winning employer-of-choice – we have the best of the best working for Albertans. Sound like a team you want to be a part of?
Advancement. Fun. Rewards… We get it.
To learn more visit atb.com.
To read our employer reviews visit our Glassdoor page.
Online applications are preferred. ATB Financial is an equal opportunity employer. We thank all applicants for their interest; however, due to the high number of resumes we receive, only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Please click the following link for information on communities where ATB thrives.