Pals Geomatics Corp. is looking for an ambitious individual who is seeking an Accounting career in a growing Edmonton Land Surveying Company.
The Controller is integral part of the management team reporting to the General Manager. The role is responsible for supporting all accounting functions of the company, production and presentation of periodic financial reports, oversight of regulatory reporting, maintenance of internal controls and accounting processes, management of budgeting and forecasts, and ensuring reported results comply with generally accepted accounting principles.
- Oversee the operations of the Accounting Department, including supporting, mentoring, and training the accounting department staff.
- Support non-financial employees and Managers with interpreting and utilizing financial reports, results, and metrics.
- Preparation of monthly and yearly financial statements including account reconciliations, period-end journal entries and preparation of supporting working papers.
- Presentation of accurate reporting and analysis, both written and oral, of financial and associated business information to internal business partners, external constituents, and regulatory bodies.
- Maintenance of corporate, divisional, and departmental scorecards including the development of new key performance indicators to promote operational excellence.
- Manage the production of the annual budget and forecasts; maintain ongoing feedback and controls over expenditures consistent with business planning and budgeting.
- Provide planning/forecasting/measurement information required to manage the corporate long-term plans, expansion investment, project-specific financial analysis, and general risk analysis.
- Ongoing review of accounting processes and the redevelopment of those processes to improve operational efficiencies and risk mitigating controls.
- Personal Accountability
- Planning & Organizing
- Problem Solving Ability
- Decision Making
- Communication and Interpersonal Skills
- Employee Supervision/Development/Coaching
- An undergraduate degree or diploma majoring in Accounting or related discipline;
- Chartered Professional Accountant (CPA) designation;
- Experience leading and supervising staff;
- Excellent written and interpersonal communication skills;
- Strong technical and analytical skills; and
- Experience with budgeting and forecasting considered an asset.
$80,000 - $95,000 per annum. In addition, Pals Geomatics Corp. offers a comprehensive benefit package.
Please submit cover letter and resume to email@example.com