Here at Thomas Fresh we are Western Canada’s premium fresh packer, supplying only high-quality Asian, organic and conventional produce from established farms. You can rely on Thomas Fresh for the best nature has to offer. We're a company that connects with people on a level that runs deeper than signed contracts and filed purchase orders.
Come Grow with Us: We are looking for a Chief Financial Officer located in our Calgary office.
As a key member of the Executive Management team, the Chief Financial Officer (CFO) will report to the Chief Executive Officer and assume a key role in the overall management of the Company. The CFO will have primary day-to-day responsibility for planning, implementing, managing and controlling all accounting and financial related activities.
- Maintain an adequate system of internal controls over accounting financial reporting
- Issue timely and complete monthly, quarterly and annual financial statements
- Prepare and analyze month end reports and provide recommendations to management
- Coordinate the preparation of the corporate annual report
- Recommend benchmarks against which to measure the performance of operations
- Calculate and issue financial and operating metrics
- Manage the production of the annual budget and forecasts
- Calculate variances from the budget and report significant issues to management
- Provide financial analyses as needed, in particular for capital investments, pricing decisions, and contract negotiations
- Develop and maintain a system of management cost reports
- Supervise accounting department staff and be responsible for their development through mentoring and coaching initiatives while providing executive management advice on the financial implications of business activities
- Coordinate year-end review and tax compliance process
- Oversee cash flow management
- Oversee accounts payable, accounts receivable and payroll functions
- Inventory management and control
- Ensure legal and regulatory compliance regarding all financial functions
- Coordinate and oversee risk management and insurance programs
- Accounting designation (or near completion of) required (CA, CGA or CMA) with 5 to 7 years of experience in a senior leadership role
- Ability to analyze financial data and prepare financial reports
- Strong time management and organizational skills
- Inventory experience would be a definite asset
If you are a collaborative professional who has strong interpersonal skills and is confident in your ability to effectively communicate and interact with employees at all levels, please apply as outlined below.
Please apply by September 15, 2017 to: