We are looking for an Analyst, Regulatory Reporting Projects to join our Finance department in the Corporate Head Office. Our team is a well experienced, supportive and focused group that is seeking an individual who is eager to learn and adaptable during this exciting time. This will require flexibility, technical accounting skills and the ability to produce, document and update our regulatory reporting standards and frameworks. This individual will work closely with the Manager of Financial Regulatory Reporting and BI Developer to come up with new ways of reporting and documentation to ensure processes and controls are within the confines of prescribed regulatory standards.
If you come from a financial services background, enjoy taking on complex projects and have strong SQL skills we want to hear from you!
- Execute on project plans to ensure successful completion of financial regulatory reporting projects led or supported by Finance, including:
- Develop position papers detailing the regulatory impact of complex transactions and standard changes.
- Execute and document research and recommendations for approval and communication to the Finance leadership team.
- Develop processes and procedures to support operational changes within the financial regulatory reporting team.
- Seek out industry trends and organizational knowledge to understand alternative approaches and/or solutions.
- Work with various stakeholders to develop and document new processes and controls.
- Assist with the planning of projects, including scope and requirement changes.
- Assist with the gathering of business requirements.
- Assist with project communications including status reports to the board, executives, stakeholders, business units, vendors, project team, etc.
- Provide support on the transition to using the Advanced Internal Ratings-based Approach for measuring credit risk:
- Define and document regulatory reporting requirements related to the transition to A-IRB;
- Act as the Finance lead related to the implementation of the related reporting engine; and
- Develop and maintain automated processes to prepare required reporting.
- Lead process improvement initiatives within financial regulatory reporting team.
Working at CWB means…
- Inspiring trust by being open, honest and direct in communication, meeting commitments and behaving ethically in all dealings
- Treating all stakeholders with professionalism, dignity and respect and supporting an environment where people can contribute and excel
- Demonstrating strong interpersonal skills that contribute to working effectively in a diverse working environment
- Accepting responsibility and accountability for actions and results
- Making decisions guided by common sense and sound business judgement
- Preparing and regularly reviewing annual goals and career development plan with your manager
- Promoting cooperation and commitment within the CWB Financial Group.
- Bachelor of Commerce and/or Business Administration degree required.
- CPA designation required.
- A minimum of three (3) years of technical accounting experience.
- Experience working in a public company considered an asset.
- Excellent analytical skills, including ability to interpret and research applicable standards and guidelines.
- Ability to handle and prioritize multiple projects ensuring timelines as required are met.
- Advanced interpersonal and organizational skills.
- Proficient in the use of Excel, Word, Access, SQL and other software programs necessary to complete the work of the position.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to deal with large volumes of data in an effective and efficient manner.
- Ability to work in a fast pace, team environment while maintaining accuracy, timeliness, responsiveness and insight in all areas of work.