In order to meet its strategic objectives the CDAA is recruiting a Volunteer Financial Mentor who will guide the Board, Executive Director, and Administrator/Bookkeeper with respect to financial processes and provide financial mentorship in the following areas:
- Development of CDAA annual and event budgets
- Analysis of the association’s income/expenses and calculation of variances based on regular review of the CDAA cash flow statement
- Identification of opportunities for organizational efficiencies
- Preparation of statements and reconciliations for year-end audit
- Verification of receivables including online/electronic transactions
- Review of monthly bank reconciliations
The successful candidate will have experience with the Alberta Societies Act and professional associations and be recently designated or currently enrolled in the CPA Professional Education Program (PEP). Knowledge of and experience with QuickBooks software and Microsoft Excel spreadsheets is required. This volunteer role is a consultative/support role and should not exceed 10 hours/month. The hours are flexible with the possibility of ad hoc attendance at board meetings which are held one evening/month.
Please submit a resume and cover letter outlining your motivation to volunteer with the CDAA and your relevant skills and education to Paula Wischoff Yerama, Executive Director, at firstname.lastname@example.org by September 15, 2017. Thank you for your interest in volunteering with the CDAA.