Headquartered in Calgary, AB, Canada, Solex Thermal Science is the global leader in the development, design and manufacturing of high efficiency, indirect heat exchangers. Specializing in the heating, cooling and drying of bulk solids, our technology has been applied to the processing of fertilizer, sugar, oilseeds, grains, plastics and many other bulk solid products. Using proven and proprietary thermal modeling software, each heat exchanger is custom designed to meet the unique thermal performance requirements of our customers. With over 25 years of experience, and more than 500 heat exchangers installed in 50 countries worldwide, we provide best in class service from inception to completion, with technical and sales support available globally in multiple languages. Your partner in innovation, learn more at www.solexthermal.com
This role is responsible for all financial matters within Solex. The role will take care of all internal and external financial situations reporting results to the executive team.
The role is an essential part of the Solex senior management team by developing, monitoring and evaluating the financial strategy. They will collaborate with the President and other executives to lead financial stewardship with a growth mindset, improved bottom line performance, effective working capital management and enhanced shareholder value.
The role will provide financial insights to improve decision-making with regards to formulating and executing strategy, and provide support to Solex and its subsidiaries towards accomplishing their individual and collective strategic goals.
- Provide financial leadership and financial analysis as needed, in particular for profitable growth of the business
- Oversee cash flow planning and ensure availability of funds as needed
- Oversee cash, investment, and asset management
- Oversee financial strategies and activities, as well as banking relationships
- Oversee the Corporate accounting department to ensure proper maintenance of all accounting systems and function
- Supervise the Corporate accounting staff ensuring the department runs smoothly and staff are engaged and mentored within their roles
- Oversight of third party accounting firms ensuring that we have timely reporting on global subsidiaries
- Maintain appropriate internal controls and financial procedures
- Ensure timeliness, accuracy, and usefulness of financial and management reporting for the executive and Board of Directors, and department managers
- Ensure department heads have financial reports accessible for budgeting purposes
- Coordinate audits and ensure proper filing of tax returns in a timely manner
- Ensure all legal and regulatory compliance regarding financial functions is kept
- Coordinate and advise on the budgeting process ensuring department heads are aware of budget control
- Work with executive team on financial forecasting (sales, backlog, etc) ensuring they have the right financial information to make informed decisions.
- Make recommendations to executive team on potential growth initiatives such as outside investment, acquisitions etc.
- Other duties related to financial
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- International experience specifically managing foreign exchange and international business
- Drive for organizational excellence
- Commitment to Solex’s goals, values and vision
- Conservative approach balanced with taking required risks to grow the business
Education and/or Equivalent Experience Required
- Designated accounting professional (CPA, CA)
- 15+ years of experience with proven strategic financial support to executive
- 5+ years of experience in a senior leadership role