About the Role:
Senior Financial Analyst
Provide analysis and support to the corporate finance department of the Corporation. Understand and work with data used in the Corporation’s budgeting/forecasting, banking/treasury and hedging functions. Compile effective executive and board presentation materials. Quick thinking and responsiveness to ad hoc project work and unexpected requests.
- Understand, compile and analyze historical and forward-looking source data (production volumes, capital expenditures, operating costs, etc.) used in budgeting/forecasting process to an income statement and balance sheet level
- Work with accounting group to track cash management, and coordinate logistics of debt utilization with banking syndicate
- Understand and compile quarterly board and regular management presentation materials, e.g. cash flow and debt waterfalls, budget sensitivities, agreement summaries, etc.
- Understand and summarize credit agreements and related documentation
- Work with accounting group to provide support for complex calculations and quarterly note disclosure as needed
- Work with investor relations and legal functions to provide or verify support for reporting and continuous disclosure, e.g. support for corporate presentation, press releases, information circular, prospectus documents
- Compile and distribute benchmark pricing data and peer group analysis on a monthly and quarterly basis
- Ad hoc projects as required by Manager, Finance
Qualifications, Experience and Skills Required:
- Professional designation – CA/CPA or CFA
- 5 years professional work experience in financial reporting or corporate finance
- Financial accounting experience in the oil and gas industry would be an asset
- Advanced proficiency with Microsoft Excel, Power Point and Word
- Responsiveness and flexibility in unforeseen circumstances
- Careful attention to detail, high quality standards and self-review
- Demonstrated initiative and self-starter
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
How to Apply:
Applicants should send a resume and cover letter outlining how they meet the requirements of the job to email@example.com by September 15, 2017, including the Position Title in the subject line of the email.
While all applications are sincerely appreciated, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.