Reporting to the Controller, the Senior Corporate Accountant is integral to the corporate accounting team responsible for the accounting and presentation of numerous financial reports to various stakeholders within the organization as well as parties external to UFA. This individual contributes to corporate operations by coordinating the analysis of financial information and providing clarity to issues through recommendation or presentation. He / She ensures adequacy of internal controls and is responsible for process improvement and financial system enhancements.
- Lead the periodic close and reporting process for UFA, including preparation of the monthly reporting pack, annual financial statements and notes. Contribute to various other reporting and analysis used by management, Audit Committee and the Board of Directors.
- Lead external audit from planning to issuance of opinion. Coordinate the effective delivery of supporting documentation of financial working papers and information across departments and divisions. Also work directly with internal auditors in projects or assessment of internal controls.
- Reconcile master data to the ERP to ensure accurate data is being reported to all users. Validate system changes to ensure transactional integrity of the master data including chart of accounts, cost center structure hierarchy, financial statements and reporting.
- Respond to inquiries for CSO management with respect to decisions, problems and budgets by coordinating or providing professional and detailed reporting and financial analysis.
- Oversee monthly Excel reconciliations of balance sheet accounts including divisional accountability. Provide technical and accounting expertise to ensure completion of approximately 170 account reconciliations; review to ensure the company standards are upheld.
- University degree in accounting, finance or business.
- Professional Accounting Designation: CPA (CA, CMA, or CGA).
- Five years of accounting experience in medium to large organizations with progressively more challenging roles and responsibilities. 5 years post designation experience.
- Thorough understanding and experience of Canadian ASPE.
- Strong business analytical skills including process improvement. Experience in auditing business processes and successfully implementing recommendations.
- Advanced working knowledge of MS-Office and related PC skills.
- Strong leadership and communication skills with ability to motivate and influence.
- Self-motivated individual who is committed to continuous self-development in the areas of finance, internal controls, information systems and process management.
This position is eligible for the Enriched ERP Project Employee Referral Program.
Please send your cover letter and resume to email@example.com and quote job ERP17-002 in the subject line.
We thank all candidates for their interest, however only qualified candidates will be contacted for an interview.