Reporting to the Manager, Corporate Accounting, the Senior General Accountant - Corporate is responsible for providing financial and analytical expertise within UFA’s reporting structure. The incumbent works as part of the Finance team to ensure that the organization's financial records are timely, accurate and complete. The Senior General Accountant participates in month end activities through the contribution and review towards financial and management reporting packs and other ad hoc analysis. This role also reviews financial reports, budgets and major accounts for accuracy and improvement.
- Contribution towards monthly management reporting pack, flash reporting, variance analysis, financial statements and commentary during month end process.
- Compile, analyze and communicate results to various stakeholders.
- Provide in depth analysis and reconciliations of operating expense accounts, other income and balance sheet accounts on a monthly bases.
- Provide query, reporting and analysis support to Finance and other departments as required, including process improvement recommendations.
- Support Corporate Accounting team in completion of the annual budget, budgets , forecasting, year- end reporting, financial statements, notes to financial statements and MD&A.
- Review balance sheet reconciliations.
- Support the Corporate Accounting team in the interim and year end audit process.
- Bachelor Degree in Accounting or Finance. CPA (CMA, CGA, CA) or equivalent designation.
- 5 years of relevant accounting experience; experience with reporting preferred.
- Strong working knowledge of SAP. Database experience an asset.
- Strong analytical, organizational and problem solving skills along with an attention to detail.
- Ability to adapt to changing business needs and conditions, adjust pace of work and question ambiguity. Proven flexibility to remain focused on solutions.
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously with strong results/goal orientation.
- Excellent communication skills, including the ability to write clearly and succinctly in a variety of communication settings and styles.
This position is eligible for the Enriched ERP Project Employee Referral Program.
Please send your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org and quote job ERP17-004 in the subject line.
We thank all candidates for their interest, however only qualified candidates will be contacted for an interview.