Dynacorp is looking to add a hardworking and energetic Controller to its rapidly growing company. This position will be based in downtown Calgary and will report to the Chief Financial Officer. The successful candidate will possess strong written and verbal communication skills and will have a proven ability to work in a fast paced, changing, and dynamic environment.
The candidate will also have a proven ability to effectively work with and liaise with multiple internal stakeholders including the executive team, procurement, human resources, and operational managers.
Responsibilities for the role will include:
- Oversee and lead an accounting team and full cycle accounting operations
- Oversee the completion and consolidation of monthly internal financial results and management reporting package
- Ensure monthly accounting entries and accruals are accurate and complete
- Review projects to ensure accurate cost coding to projects
- Oversee and complete monthly balance sheet reconciliations
- Complete monthly variance analysis
- Preparation of cash flow forecasts
- Regularly review, assess, and manage company processes, procedures, and control environment
- Help ensure compliance with statutory requirements of the organization
- Prepare and submit GST and state sales and use tax returns and assist with other tax compliance requirements
- Prepare ad-hoc reports and analysis
Professional attributes will include
- Minimum 5 years of progressive work experience in a controller position
- Professional designation CPA, CGA, CMA, or CA
- Prior experience in an oilfield services and/or manufacturing company would be ideal
- Previous exposure to Global Shop Solution would be ideal
- Prior experience with US operations and managing multiple business units
- Periodic travel as required
We thank all those candidates who apply, however, Dynacorp will only contact successful candidates. Please email email@example.com with "Controller" in the subject line.