Manager Accounting Lead RhPAP’s accounting and financial reporting
If you excel at full cycle accounting in a not-for-profit environment then we should talk. The Alberta Rural Health Professions Action Plan (RhPAP) is one of Canada’s most comprehensive programs for the education, attraction and retention of health practitioners for rural practice. We are in need of an experienced CPA to provide oversight on our accounting, budgeting, reporting and analysis for our not-for-profit organization.
The Manager Accounting & Corporate Services reports directly to the Executive Director of RhPAP. In this hands-on position, you will be responsible for preparing month-end and year-end working papers, as well as, various accounting reports. In addition to the day to day accounting duties, you will play a lead role in meeting the reporting needs of RhPAP’s stakeholders (funders and Board members, etc.) as well as meeting the new and ever-changing demands of GAAP.
- Reconcile general ledger accounts, prepare month-end working papers, and prepare various journal entries for investment portfolio, revenue, and deferred revenue
- Prepare year-end working papers and provide assistance to external auditors for the College audit and the pension plan audit
- Prepare various accounting reports as required including GST returns, GST rebate claims, financial reports, statements, support of government funding, T4 and honorarium payment summaries, and ad-hoc reports
- Assist with preparation of quarterly & annual forecasts and budgets
- Provide financial training to staff
- Maintain RhPAP financial procedure manual
- Prepare analysis of financial changes;
- Provide back-up coverage for the Senior Accounting Clerk and other accounting staff
- Process journal entries and produce financial statements, operation reports and reconciliations
- Review and monitor accounts payable, receivable and payroll and process
- Prepare annual operational budgets or forecasts and prepare analysis of actual results to budgets/forecasts
- Maintain and monitor cash and accounts
- Fully understand contractual obligations & grants and ensure reporting requirements associated with same
- Maintain organizational records and preserve confidential information
- Maintain effective relationships with suppliers and clients (both internal & external)
- Specialized professional skills typically obtained through a Bachelor’s degree plus professional certificate in area of specialty or equivalent, or additional classes in specialized area
- Requirement for 3 to 5 years of experience working within a public accounting firm.
- Experience working with the provincial government would be considered an asset
- Chartered Professional Accountant (CPA) designation is required
- Advanced skill level in MS Excel
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Attention to detail
- Team attitude
- Experience with Microsoft Dynamics GP is considered an asset
- Health, Dental, Health Spending Benefit, Parking/Transit Benefit, 3 weeks' vacation, and more
Interested? We want to hear from you! To apply in complete confidence, please send a cover letter and resume to;
Dean Lack, RhPAP Manager Transition and Programs at email@example.com or call us at 780 499-0425. For more information on RPAP, please visit our website at www.rpap.ab.ca
Please note that the successful candidate will be required to provide a Criminal Record Check satisfactory to the RhPAP.
The posting is open until a suitable candidate is found.
We thank all applicants for their interest in the RhPAP; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
By applying to this position, you are confirming you possess either a Canadian Citizenship, Alberta permanent resident status, or work permit.