WE= unlimited potential
We didn’t get to be a leader in energy delivery or ranked on the Global 100 Most Sustainable Corporations index on our own. We did it in partnership with outstanding individuals who work together as a team to fuel people’s quality of life. Individuals like you. And now we’re looking for just such an individual to join our team.
To learn more about us, visit www.enbridge.com.
Job Posting End Date: September 27, 2017
This position is located in Calgary, AB
- Provision of technical expertise with respect to US GAAP and securities laws, in particular the SEC and Ontario legislation.
- This role is responsible for providing meaningful and timely financial results to senior management, shareholders, the Board and other external agencies, including securities commissions.
- Assist in the coordination and preparation of the annual and interim management’s discussion and analysis, consolidated financial statements, annual information form and other external reporting for Enbridge Inc. enterprise wide (Enbridge). Ensuring that the financial results of all Enbridge subsidiaries and investments are appropriately reflected in accordance with GAAP and securities laws.
- Provide financial information and assistance to Business Development, Investor Relations, and Treasury to ensure that questions and concerns of investment analysts and credit rating agencies related to accounting matters are properly addressed.
Assist in the preparation of the consolidated financial statements of Enbridge as well as the required accounting and disclosure research under U.S. GAAP and securities laws.
- CPA accounting designation with 10 or more years of experience.
- Expert knowledge of US GAAP.
- Expert knowledge of Canadian securities law and U.S. securities law regarding Foreign Private Issuers and Domestic Filers.
- Strong analytical, communication and interpersonal skills.
- Proven team player, with the ability to develop and maintain collaborative working relationships, while demonstrating a high level of cooperation and mutual respect.
- Creative and comfortable dealing with very technical and complex accounting issues.
- Relies on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals.
- Must possess an ongoing interest in learning and in being current on recent reporting changes and new issues within U.S. GAAP.
- Familiarity with rate regulated accounting.
- Salary and job level will be commensurate with qualifications and experience.
- Share our core values of Integrity, Safety and Respect.
We accept applications submitted via our online recruiting system only (https://careers.enbridge.com).
Enbridge is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer and is committed to provide employment opportunities to all individuals, without regard to race, religion, age, sex, color, national origin, sexual orientation, veteran status, or disability. Accommodation for applicants with disabilities is available on request during the recruitment process. Applicants with disabilities can request accessible formats or communication supports by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org.
We appreciate your interest in working with us; however, only those applicants selected for interviews will be contacted.
Final candidates for this position may be required to undergo a security screening, including a criminal records check.