Working closely with the Senior Accountant, the Accountant is primarily responsible for the accounting function of the Company such as AP, AR, journal entries preparation, accounts reconciliation and month-end close reporting. This position deals with a high volume of work and so, we are looking for a candidate with an excellent organization skills, can work independently or minimal supervision, a strong attention to details and a positive attitude.
- Process vendor invoices and employees’ expense reimbursements.
- Prepare regular payments via cheques or electronic payments.
- Assist with the accounts receivable function in creating customer invoices and applying cash receipts and remittance deductions.
- Responsible for daily cash position reports and weekly cash forecasts.
- Prepare banking entries and complete monthly bank reconciliations.
- Responsible for the preparation of accurate reports submitted to lender.
- Prepare monthly journal entries and accruals.
- Assist with the completion of the month-end reporting process.
- Perform monthly account reconciliations and analysis to ensure accuracy and completeness of balances.
- Perform GST calculations and ensure timely filing/remittance to CRA.
- Assist with the preparation and completion of schedules for bi-annual lender and year-end external auditors’ audits.
- Assist the Senior Accountant with financial reporting and analytical work as required.
- Maintain complete filing system to support financial records.
- Provide back-up to other Finance team members.
- Other duties as assigned.
- A diploma or degree in Finance or Accounting plus a minimum of three to five years’ experience.
- Working towards a professional accounting designation.
- A high degree of attention to detail combined with strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Positive attitude and the ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Advanced computer skills with proficiency in Microsoft Excel (Pivot Tables, VLOOKUP, SumIf).
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Excellent organizational skills, the ability to manage priorities and meet deadlines.
- Experience in manufacturing or consumer packaged goods industry would be considered an asset.
- Experience using SAP Business One accounting system an asset.