The Manager, Financial Reporting & Planning is responsible for preparing internal and external financial reporting requirements, including the annual budget, quarterly financial reports, and monthly operational reporting requirements. This position also provides analysis of operational performance against key performance indicators for senior management, research and advice on new accounting standards and recommendations on strengthening the reporting process and controls over financial reporting. The Manager, Financial Reporting & Planning works out of our corporate office in North-West Edmonton, and reports to the Vice President Finance.
- Financial and operational reporting and analysis.
- Coordination of all financial budgeting and planning processes on a quarterly and annual basis and to specific deadlines.
- Prepare the annual budget, quarterly forecast and relevant presentations in consultation with the Vice President Finance, Corporate Controller and departmental managers, including short and long-term financial forecasts of financial performance for use with internal management and external parties.
- Responsible for reporting and analyzing the financial statements, including sales volume and revenue, cost of goods sold, ingredient, packaging, and manufacturing costs, and selling, general, and administrative expenses; focus given to identification of key metrics to measure operational performance with a key linkage to the financial statements.
- Lead financial research efforts; analyzes, researches, and concludes on new and proposed accounting, reporting, and disclosure standards issued by IFRS (International Financial Reporting Standards), and prepare memorandums regarding the Company’s position and impact on the Company.
- Provide accurate and timely reporting on the activity of individual projects.
- Prepare, submit, and present the quarterly and annual Management Discussion and Analysis Reports.
- Prepare monthly financial and operational KPI (key performance indicators) reporting, and monthly management report packages.
- Provide requested adhoc management analysis, as required.
- Mentor, develop and manage junior staff as required.
- Perform other tasks as assigned.
- Develop and maintain the integrity of the financial reporting process and financial controls.
- Coordinate, develop and update written policies and procedures over the financial reporting process.
- Maintain and strengthen internal controls over financial reporting.
- Post-secondary degree in Finance, Accounting, or related field.
- CPA designation.
- Minimum five years’ experience in a Manager or leadership role.
- Minimum two years’ experience within the consumer packaged goods industry preferred.
- Strong knowledge and understanding of IFRS.
- Current subject-matter knowledge, in order to be able to research and reach well-reasoned conclusions on technical accounting issues.
- Experience with ERP systems, including reporting tools.
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office, in particular Microsoft Excel.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Strong attention to detail, demonstrated integrity and professionalism.
- Excellent project managerial and interpersonal skills.
- Effective communication skills, both verbal and written, with ability to develop and sustain successful internal and external working relationships.
- Fluent in English, both written and spoken.
- Ability to facilitate and coordinate multiple deadlines, create cohesive teams, and respond quickly to management requests.
- Proven ability to perform under pressure and stress and to adjust plans to meet changing needs and requirements.