Edwards & Miller Chartered Accountants LLP is a small public accounting firm in Medicine Hat, AB. We aim to provide educational accounting and financial services to our clients with the goal of improving their financial net worth. We are committed to going above and beyond for our clients and providing the highest standards of accounting knowledge, integrity and confidentiality.
Our firm is currently seeking a full-time accountant holding a professional accounting designation with 1-5 years previous experience in a small to medium-sized public accounting firm. Our firm respects the balance between family life and work, accordingly there is some flexibility in the hours.
- Preparation and review of personal, corporate and trust income tax returns
- Preparation and review of Notice to Reader and Review engagements
- Preparation and review of T4’s and T5’s
- Bookkeeping services for clients using SAGE Accounting software (including GST and payroll filings)
- Other accounting and tax work as required (Reorganizations, AgriInvest, Financial Planning, Tax Estimates, T3010 Charity Returns)
- Miscellaneous office administration duties
- Professional communication with clients and staff
Educational and Work Experience:
- Professional Designation desired (Current CPA students will also be considered)
- Previous experience in a public accounting firm preferred
- Previous use of CaseWare, JazzIt, Profile, SAGE, QuickBooks and Microsoft Office suite an asset
- Previous experience with farm clients preferred but not required
- Strong time management skills and the ability to meet deadlines required
Please send your cover letter and resume to Sean Miller, CA via email (firstname.lastname@example.org) or fax to 403-580-7404.
The deadline for submitting resumes is Friday October 27, 2017. Please note that only applicants selected for an interview will be contacted. Applicants may be contacted prior to the deadline if selected for an interview.
Compensation to be discussed during interview process; will be based on experience and competitive with the market
Anticipated start date: November 13, 2017