At ARC, our strong track record of success has been built on our core belief that outstanding people, combined with a great corporate culture creates a winning environment. To further enhance our focus on providing a valuable partnership with the business, we are seeking an energetic and dynamic individual to fill a temporary position as Senior Financial Reporting Analyst in our External Financial Reporting team. This is a temporary position for the period of December 1, 2017 to August 31, 2018. This position will report directly to the Manager, Financial Accounting and will support the delivery of all aspects of the Financial Reporting process and special projects as necessary. While this role does not have direct leadership responsibilities, the successful candidate will be a senior member of a team of five and will be required to mentor and coach junior team members in their day-to-day activities as well as lead special projects as necessary.
- Lead the monthly, quarterly and annual financial reporting processes within ARC to achieve long term business success. This includes, but is not limited to:
- co-ordination and delivery of monthly financial reporting package and supplementary materials;
- co-ordination and review of quarterly an annual external financial statements, notes and management’s discussion and analysis
- review and posting of certain monthly and quarterly financial accounting and treasury journal entries;
- review and preparation of quarterly audit committee materials
- discussion and analysis of financial statement impacts of new or complex transactions in conjunction with the team’s Accounting Policy Research Analyst;
- co-ordination with auditors throughout year end and interim periods as necessary;
- Participate as a senior member in a high-performing team that is producing results that align with ARC’s vision, values and business strategies;
- Provide guidance and advice to leaders regarding the best financial reporting practices to support the achievement of their business objectives.
Professional accounting designation (CA, CMA or CGA)
8+ years work experience preferably within a publicly-traded company in the oil and gas industry;
In-depth knowledge of International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS);
Strong understanding of internal controls for financial reporting and related certification processes;
Superior written and oral communication skills;
Outstanding relationship building capabilities and a collaborative working style - strong team player with exceptional communication and interpersonal skills;
Strong business acumen - ability to understand business strategies/issues and align team with the strategies;
Strong computer skills including proficiency in Excel and experience with Qbyte.