We are seeking a 3rd year CPA student or newly qualified CPA for our assurance practice to begin January 2018. The position requires an individual with strong analytical and organizational skills, is self-motivated, interacts well with clients and staff and has a desire to grow into a management position over time. The successful candidate will be enrolling into the CPA Professional Education Program and have completed Core 1 and 2, and Elective 1 and 2 or have recently obtained their CPA designation.
In our assurance focused firm, you will:
- prepare various audit and complex review files for partner review;
- ensure time budgets and file deadlines are met;
- responsible for training and supervise junior's staff;
- identify and resolve complex accounting and tax issues; and
- maintain positive client relationships.
The successful candidate should have:
- strong knowledge of CPA Handbook, review procedures and tax compliance;
- working knowledge of Caseware, Profile, QuickBooks and Sage;
- able to complete an assurance file from start to finish with minimal supervision, including drafting of financial statements with full notes disclosure;
- excellent verbal and writing communication skills;
- well-rounded personal skills dedicated to client service; and
- a valid driver license and availability of an automobile is required as some day travel to clients outside of the Edmonton area is required.
Our firm provides support sessions for CPA Professional Education Program, internal training, as well as access to external seminars to assist in your professional development. We offer a competitive salary and benefits package, a friendly and personable work environment, the use of advanced technological solutions to providing professional services and excellent opportunities for future advancement. If you are wishing to acquire experience through direct involvement with clients and are willing to work in a smaller firm environment of 18 professional and support staff, where your efforts and enthusiasm can have a direct impact on the operations of the firm, we would like to hear from you.
Please forward cover letter, resume and CPA PEP transcript (CPA student only) by October 31 to:
Pei San Chan, CPA, CA
Donnelly & Co. LLP