Senior Financial Controller
One of our established, locally-owned and operated real estate development and investment clients has an immediate opportunity for a full-time Senior Financial Controller. The ideal candidate will thrive in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment and be responsible for managing and preparing the company’s accounting records, financial statements and financial reporting.
As this family-owned business is located in the Beltline area of Calgary, parking will be provided along with the following additional benefits:
- Competitive salary
- Employer-paid health and dental benefits
- Reimbursement of annual CPA professional dues
- Flexible office hours
- Three weeks’ vacation
This position requires a Canadian CPA designation and someone who is detail-oriented, self-motivated, and solutions driven. You have been effective in a dynamic environment and possess the desire and ability to design innovative processes. You have a strong working knowledge of Simply Accounting and similar accounting software as well as an advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office, including Excel. This role provides an opportunity to contribute to and collaborate with a positive, energetic team.
The designated accountant will have 5 to 10 years’ similar accounting experience in a complex, multi-entity environment. Previous experience in the real estate development and/or investment industry would be an asset. Some of the key functions of this role include:
- Preparing annual financial statements and related analysis for the company, its subsidiaries, and joint ventures;
- Preparing government remittances and filings, including corporate and personal tax returns;
- Acting as liaison with outside accountants on all accounting related tasks;
- Analyzing accounting policy conclusions in relation to complex accounting matters resulting from new accounting standards, acquisitions, financings, and other transactions;
- Considering and analyzing the impact of provincial and federal tax law changes and the impact on the company;
- Leading the preparation of the monthly financial reporting package;
- Managing the month-end close process including tenant chargebacks, bank reconciliations, and ensuring the accuracy and completeness of journal entries;
- Preparing memoranda and working papers that detail new accounting issues applicable to the real estate development industry;
- Managing the internal bookkeeper in completing monthly and quarterly tasks;
- Collaborating on the preparation of annual budgets;
- Reviewing existing systems and procedures and implementing required changes to improve and streamline systems and procedures; and,
- Leading special projects as they arise
If this is the opportunity you have been waiting for, please forward your cover letter and resume to:
Kenway Mack Slusarchuk Stewart LLP
We would like to thank all candidates for their interest.
Please note only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.