Helping Albertans achieve their dreams by turning the complex world of banking into brilliantly simple solutions. That’s ATB. Is that you?
Communicator, Problem Solver, Negotiator, Decision Maker. Whether at work or out in your community, you are the person that knows how to bring it all together. You’re a natural leader and your passion and excitement comes from knowing that your efforts make a significant difference in the lives of your team members, customers and the community around you.
Senior Manager of External Financial Reporting
Reporting to the Director, External Financial & Regulatory Reporting, you will lead a team responsible for the development and implementation of continuous improvement in the areas of financial and management accounting systems. You will directly manage the financial operations and financial reporting of all entities within ATB Investor Services (ATBIS) (ATB Investment Management Inc. ATB Securities Inc, and ATB Insurance Advisors Inc), including consolidated reporting. You will serve as a key contact into the finance team at ATB Financial ensuring accurate information flow into the enterprise’s consolidated reporting. In addition, you will manage multiple key accounting and reporting functions, including but not limited to, system set up and report building, accounts payable, commission compensation, and general accounting responsibilities.
As a Senior Manager of Financial Reporting you will be responsible for the following:
- Setting a vivid and compelling vision for External Financial Reporting (EFR) professional team members and establishing clear and inspiring performance goals
- Accuracy of monthly, quarterly and annual ATBIS subsidiaries Financial Statements and Note Disclosures compiled by EFR group
- Monthly variance of budget to actual consolidated P&L results for management reporting
- Providing consolidated reporting to the ATBIS Board of Directors and ATBIS Executive Leading the compilation of ATBIS sections of the annual report in partnership with ATB Financial’s corporate finance team
- Leading audit assurance process with external auditors
- Planning and executing annual external audits; compiling detailed audit files to facilitate independent auditor review including the implementation of required audit confirmations
- Monitoring developments of IFRS and providing recommendations to seamlessly integrate upcoming changes or new standards
- Ensuring that key controls under the ICOFR program are appropriate and operating effectively for each subsidiary
- Manage commission compensation processing and reporting and responsible for accurate submissions to payroll processing
- Manage Accounts Payable processing and accountable to ensure that resulting EFR is accurate
- Maintains ATBIS Compensation and Accounts Payable Manuals including annual sign off, as well as timely updates to EFR checklists and journal process documentation.
- Supports user adoption and training of finance team to ensure they are maximizing accounting system functionality (MultiView)
As the ideal candidate you possess:
- Canadian professional accounting designation (CPA, CA, CMA, or CGA)
- Business degree or diploma in Accounting, Finance or Economics
- Progressive leadership experience in an evolving, complex environment and a demonstrated ability in utilizing adaptive leadership to generate great results
- 10+ years of post qualification experience, including public practice audit experience
- Experience with Board / Committee reporting and ability to compile written governance reports as required
- Minimum 5 years in a complex accounting and control environment
- Strong technical knowledge of IFRS
- Commitment to ongoing learning and professional development
- A solid, practical understanding of the Canadian Investment Industry regulatory environment and wealth management industry
*** TO BE CONSIDERED YOU MUST COMPLETE THE FOLLOWING STEPS ***
As part of your application we are asking you to submit a short 2-5 minute video on why you are the best candidate for the job? We recommend that you upload it on YouTube and then include the link within your cover letter.
The request for video is not the replacement of the interview process but part of our screening process to ensure that applicants are ok with use of technology, which is unavoidable, in our remote work environment.
We use video for sharing information with the team as well as for talking to the team. The candidates who are shortlisted will go through a series of in person interviews so they have a robust understanding of the position, the team and our culture. If you have concerns related privacy, you can use privacy settings on the various social media sites for e.g vimeo gives its users the ability to put a password on their video.
So what can ATB Financial offer you? Imagine paying less for your everyday banking, mortgages, loans and investments. Throw in an excellent benefits and pension package, opportunities for career advancement, and a financial institution that’s leading the way in change – now you’re talking about a career with a company that allows you to grow. As an award-winning employer-of-choice – we have the best of the best working for Albertans. Sound like a team you want to be a part of?
Advancement. Fun. Rewards… We get it.
To learn more visit atb.com.
To read our employer reviews visit our Glassdoor page.
Online applications are preferred. ATB Financial is an equal opportunity employer. We thank all applicants for their interest; however, due to the high number of resumes we receive, only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
For additional information on this posting, please contact Ella Krivelis, Director External Financial & Regulatory Reporting. [Note: please apply using our online system and not the contact's email address].
Please note that the salary for this role is under review and may differ from the amount specified above.
Please click the following link for information on communities where ATB thrives.